X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Music4Life
    • May 2006

A21 acting strange

The right channel of my A21 will not give out sound until after few minutes (around 5 minutes). After I switch on, I can only hear sound from my left speaker then few minutes the right channel will switch on. Need help, can I do something or just bring it to the service center (warranty expired)? The service center is charging me enormous price as if they are saying, "just buy a new one". Can I tweek something first before I give in?
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Wait... you've owned it more than 10 years?

One of my channels started dying several months ago, in my A21. Sent it in for service, all seems to be good now.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Chris is right. The warranty is 5/10 years on the Halo series. Send it to Parasound...

Comment

• Music4Life
        • May 2006

Originally posted by Peter Nielsen
        Chris is right. The warranty is 5/10 years on the Halo series. Send it to Parasound...
        Not here (Hong Kong). Most electrical items sold here has 1 year warranty. Mine is just more than 2 years of usage. The distributor/service center will charge me around US$250 to fix it, not including the price of the parts (if any).

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

Please add "Location: Hong Kong" to your profile. If you don't have that, we will all assume you're in the US.

It sounds like bad solder joints. Easy fix if you know how to service electronics and have the tools & skills. My best guess is that in this case a good soldering station and soldering skills are needed.

Comment

• Music4Life
            • May 2006

What part of the amp should I be looking for?

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"