X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nxym
    • Apr 2009

Help on Setup

Hello All

I would like to hear some suggestions and to help me on my audio setup. All you have Halo and most of you had already make different tests on your system to work better.First of all my system (iam waiting my A52 to come ...) is.

main speakers :audio spectrum Artemis
    center: audio spectrum Electra
    Surround: audio spectrum Eros

Parasound C2 controller
    Parasound A52 Amplifier
    (Parasound T3 tuner: not yet . I search to buy it)

Iam searching for cables which have test it and seems better for the character of Parasound. Speaker cables and XLR interconnects. I love the clear detailed sound with tight bass crystal treble. (i want it all :-))n ) From your experiense (because i dont want to spend more than 500$ for cables) which cables would be the best solution (new or used does not matter) to check out? Is there any experiense with Kimber 8tc bw, red dawn, XLO, DNM or other (ringmat?..)?On XLR which cable deserve to look for? In other words which cables match with your Halo (and why?) and did you had any experience with other firms?
    Does C2 works like pre for A52? If not ... how do you combine the pre P3 on the above system?

Nick
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Nick, you may or may not know what this forum is owned by a cable maker (Cat Cables--see the top/bottom of the page) so naturally cables has always been a sensitive subject here. I can tell you that I'm one that does use all Cat Cables with my Halo setup, and it works awesome... matter of fact, I'm about to order even more, FWIW, and I think I'm going to go XLR. (up to now I have intentionally used unbalanced RCA, as I previously used a very efficient all-Klipsch setup, but now have all M&K speakers) I've been hoping to do the new cables at the same time as adding a C3, but we'll see how timing happens.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• nxym
      • Apr 2009

Thanks Chris .I dont even know who was the owner. I found the club from my searching for halo users. But " The CATcables.com is closed " says the site.

Comment

• Alaric
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Jan 2006

PM Doug , user name Lex. I don't have parasound or Halo equip. , but all my cables are also Cat. Very good stuff.
        Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
        Marantz PM-KI Pearl
        Schiit Modi 3
        Marantz CD5005
        Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"