X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pookie007
    • Apr 2006

C2 or 7100

I am working on a system for my next projects work apartment. I was considering ether a Parasound 7100 processor or the Halo C2. I know the 7100 lacks balanced outputs, but that isn't in issue for the second system since I won't have balanced amps. Beyond that, are there any significant differences I should be concerned about?

I did a side-by-side comparison of the spec sheets and see slightly better numbers on the Halo, but I don't know if I will be able to hear or see a difference. It also appears the Halo comes with a mic for auto calibration, I didn't see this on the 7100 sheet. A downside for the Halo in my application is the BNC to RCA adapters. I don't own a BNC cable, so these might become cumbersome or lost over time creating a problem. Appearance isn't an issue since it will be in a ventilated/cooled cabinet.

I also am not big into constantly tweaking my system. I like to get it set up and then just enjoy it. My problem is I don't have a local dealer that stocks ether, so I can't do a comparison.

Are there other options for a 5.1 system that would be in the $2000 - $3000 range I should include in the comparison. I was thinking about taking a peak at Rotel. I think my budget will prevent me from having the ability to get a few of the extra features I would like.
    1) Up convert all signals to HDMI (including OSD)
    2) Auto calibration
    3) 2 subwoofer outputs
    4) Re-naming and selectable audio inputs
    5) IR repeater input and outputs to eliminate the need for the red flashers
    6) Independent calibration for each source, I like to set up my 2 channel with sub different than my HT setups. I also need to have the ability to adjust for the difference between my cable box, DVD, XBox 360, PS3, and Wii inputs.
  • Peter Nielsen
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

If you don't need the Halo build/look, balanced I/Os, and the convenience of automatic calibration then go with the 7100 and save some money in the process!

I vaguely remember that the 7100 adds some new software features that are not available in the C2 yet. (The 7100 is a more recent design).

For the 7100 calibration, you can pick up a sound level meter from Radio Shack for $50 or maybe borrow one from your reseller...

Peter

Comment

• Pookie007
      • Apr 2006

I already have an SPL meter, so the auto calibration isn't important to me. I was just trying to identify what the $1000 difference buys.

Comment

• style
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2006

C1-c2

Hi Pookie007,

I like more the disign from new 7100 modells but the C1 can be a very good
        solution for save $$$.

If I buy a new pre ONLY XLR I don't will nothing.
        XLR - with a 1meter cables is very diffenrent vs. cinch/standart cables.
        You have a dinamic in sound very cool.

Omar

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"