X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jesse111
    • Jul 2005

I think I got it.

After moving the ribbons a few inches closer. They are now about 10' apart and my ears are about 11.5' from the ribbons. After installing the accoustic treatment in its new locations I believe I am now experiencing what the JC1, Mac MCD/MDA 1000 and Magnepan 20.1 combination is truly capable of.

Imaging is ghostly. Bass will pound right through you and yet is "Maggie accurate". The sweet spot has broadened by an inch or so as well. The tonal musicality is harshless and pleasing beyond belief. It is a most incredible musical experience.

While it may not be the most asthetically appealing arrangement, I'm fortunate to have a dedicated listening room with free reign from the wife. As for me, I think it looks beautiful.

I still have some forward tilt on the Mags but to my ears, I can't detect any adverse effects.

Anyone who is ever in the hood is welcome to come by and have a listen. It's just incredible to me.
    Attached Files
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"