X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hamtor
    • Sep 2004

D3 multiregion code

Can anyone help me with the code for making my new D3 multiregion?

Thanks

Tore
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

... now THERE's a worthy discussion thread. Can't wait to see what you come up with, Tore.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• hamtor
      • Sep 2004

I have tried to contact my dealer, but he doesn`t answer. He should have emailed me the code a long time ago, but maybe there isn`t any code.

Comment

• hamtor
        • Sep 2004

My dealer send me the code, hope it works. I will find out when the player returns from JVB in the Netherlands with the SDI mod.

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Oh, yeah? Doing the SDI mod? I'll be VERY interested to hear how that turns out for you. Not that it's something that I'm looking to do myself, but I'd just like to hear about the mod to the player.

And hamtor, we need information about how you like the D3! (preferably a full review!)
          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• hamtor
            • Sep 2004

I will do a review of the D3 when it returns in about 2 weeks. I can only promis a small review because of my poor english.

The SDI mod is just an added output that bypasses the AD and DA converters
            in the player, and lets a scaler do the job instead.

Here is a link: http://www.jvb.nl/jvb.asp?cur=2&leve...itle&title=374

Tore

Comment

• AppleMies
              • Oct 2006

New here

Hi,

I'm new on this forum. I visit other fora in Europe but it's always nice to interact with other Parasound owners in a forum devoted to Parasound.

I have acquired a D3 last week and..........unfortunatly will have too return it again. The front panel of this unit is a different colour from the C2 unit I have. More or less champagne instead of silver like the C2. Anyone here with the same experience yet? Parasound has been very very helpfull over the last weeks when I mailed with them and they have offered to change the unit. Hopefully I will get one next week.

Regards
              AppleMies aka Michel (Male):kissrings:

Living the good life in France.....yes really

Comment

• AppleMies
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by hamtor
                Can anyone help me with the code for making my new D3 multiregion?

Thanks

Tore
                Mine says R1 on the back. Plays everything though. Could be European specific though. Don't know.

Comment

• Vince Helm
                  • Mar 2006

Sorry about the color issue. You must have been shocked to unbox a new D3 in Champagne!? I see that you are from France and I know how you guys like champagne but they should not have sent that color... just kidding. Keep us posted on the replacement process!!!

Warm regards
                  Vince

Comment

• AppleMies
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Vince Helm
                    Sorry about the color issue. You must have been shocked to unbox a new D3 in Champagne!? I see that you are from France and I know how you guys like champagne but they should not have sent that color... just kidding. Keep us posted on the replacement process!!!

Warm regards
                    Vince
                    Tnx Vince,

Actually Im Dutch and only live in France. I do return too teh Netherlands very often, I have offices there.

Shocked I was. Over the week it really started to anoy me. Again, I trust I can change this unit for a new one this week.

Regards

Comment

• bhuskins
                      • Aug 2003

Do you have a photo? Never seen Halo in champagne...

I wonder if it was a fake???

Comment

• AppleMies
                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by bhuskins
                        Do you have a photo? Never seen Halo in champagne...

I wonder if it was a fake???
                        It's not a fake. It was Parasound USA that made it possible that a unit was available for pick-up in The Netherlands. They feel just as bad believe me. I have reported the problem and they've replied.

Photo attached. Although it's not very convincing in this photo but in real it's horable :M

regards
                        Attached Files

Comment

• bhuskins
                          • Aug 2003

I'm not seeing it...

Comment

• AppleMies
                            • Oct 2006

I'm not seeing it...
                            Is does show on this pic though not convincing. It's better noticable in real. Focus on the area left of the P for Parasound on both units. The D3 looks more yellow/brownish were the C2 is clear silver. The units were shot in daylight in front of the window.

regards

P.S. It shows clearly on the LCD's of my Macs'

Comment

• bhuskins
                              • Aug 2003

still not seeing it...my monitor is ISF calibrated as well

Comment

• AppleMies
                                • Oct 2006

still not seeing it...my monitor is ISF calibrated as well

May I suggest to have your eyes ISF calibrated as well? :W

Just kidding. It's difficult to see on a pic. In real it's clear.

Comment

• Chris D
                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                  • Dec 2000

Heya, Michel, and welcome to Club Parasound and the Guide! :banana: Very odd about the D3 front panel finish. I've never heard of that before. I hope the replacement fixes it!
                                  CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Vince Helm
                                    • Mar 2006

Hey Michel,

Was it just the faceplate discolored or were the buttons, side extensions and top plate discolored as well? All of the above parts are made from different materials.

Thanks
                                    Vince

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Sep 2004

ALL my 12+ Parasound units were slightly champagne color. That's the way they're supposed to be.

And, yes, I do see a clear difference in the picture (actually, the thumbnail above shows it best). The D3 has the right color. Your C2 is more silver than anything Parasound I've owned. It looks outright weird in the thumbnail.

I'm sorry, but from what I can tell from the picture, your silver C2 is the oddball. (Both my C2's were champagne like your D3).

My guess is that your solution is to get a new front panel for the C2.

Peter

Comment

• AppleMies
                                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Vince Helm
                                        Hey Michel,

Was it just the faceplate discolored or were the buttons, side extensions and top plate discolored as well? All of the above parts are made from different materials.

Thanks
                                        Vince
                                        As far as I can see only the front panel is wrong. Compared too the only other Parasound unit I have that is, the C2. I re-packed the unit today. I'm taking it back too the dealer tomorrow. They have several units to compare it with.

Comment

• AppleMies
                                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Peter Nielsen
                                          ALL my 12+ Parasound units were slightly champagne color. That's the way they're supposed to be.

And, yes, I do see a clear difference in the picture (actually, the thumbnail above shows it best). The D3 has the right color. Your C2 is more silver than anything Parasound I've owned. It looks outright weird in the thumbnail.

I'm sorry, but from what I can tell from the picture, your silver C2 is the oddball. (Both my C2's were champagne like your D3).

My guess is that your solution is to get a new front panel for the C2.

Peter
                                          Hi Peter,

I'm almost certain the D3 is actually the "oddball" I know many Parasound HALO units and they're all silver to me. I can hardly imagine that I'm mistaking about this. Anyway, as you can see above the unit is going back to the dealer. The new unit will be unpacked before I bring one home. In the shop I will for sure hold it next an other unit.

What more or less was harder to swallow for me was that it doesn't do upscaling on component. Mostlikely the C2 probably is never going to get an HDMI upgrade in the expansion slot (God knows why not??) it would have made sense to me more to have the D3 do that instead?

Comment

• Vince Helm
                                            • Mar 2006

Hey Michel,

I've have/had (long story) 12 pieces of Halo gear in my home. I would say that in normal to brite light all 12 are/were silver. In low light or very warm light, looking at an angle they are silver with a slight champagne tint. I would say that the D3 is the oddball considering the function buttons were the "correct" silver color. Let it ride and know that Parasound will make it right!!

When all the dust has settled would you please let us know how the D3 performed. A short and sweet review is fine. You can even use the old 1 to 10 scale on the video and also on the audio.

Kind regards
                                            Vince

Comment

• Chris D
                                              Moderator Emeritus
                                              • Dec 2000

yes, we're dying for D3 and D200 reviews...
                                              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                                              Searching...Please wait.
                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                              Search Result for "|||"