X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The13thGryphon
    • May 2006

New Classic Model 2000 Preamp

Any update on when Parasound will be releasing the Midel 2000 stereo pre?
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

You know, I haven't heard about the 2000 for a while now. Thanks for the reminder. I'll ask.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• kfr01
      • Jan 2006

As long as you're asking... anything new re: the JC2?
      Karl
      My Chain: PC Audio (EAC + FLAC) --> USB --> PS Audio Digital Link III USB DAC --> Exodus XLR's -->
      Parasound Halo P3 --> Exodus XLR's --> Parasound HCA3500 --> Custom Exodus Audio 2641 Speakers

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Okay, I finally got around to E-mailing Parasound, and got a reply right away. I won't presume to speak for Parasound themselves, but this is the gist of the information that I got:

- The Model 2000 pre-amp project has been renewed with a different supplier than originally planned. The unit is still planned to be made, and the delays have been even more than anticipated.

- The JC-2 is REAL, I repeat, REAL. It's going to happen! :dancenana: The info I got is that the first prototype had incredible performance, and reviewers found it comparable to the legendary CTC Blowtorch (Worth well over $15,000!!!!) when played on massive Soundlab electrostats. Again, I won't make promises for Parasound, but we should be seeing this come out before the end of 2006. I can't wait for this one... I wasn't thinking too much of it originally, wondering if it would really happen or not, but now my radar's going to be tracking this one.

I'm going to be interested to hear the details of the JC-2 creation when they come out.

In any case, if what I'm hearing and reading in research is correct, it looks like Parasound is about to take the company to a whole new level of performance.

- The D3 and D200 DVD player models are produced and sitting in Parasound's warehouse. They are correcting a last-minute software bug before public release.
        Last edited by Chris D; 05 December 2016, 12:19 Monday.
        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

I found a picture from CES 2005 that shows what we're dealing with here. This is the massive Soundlab M-1 electrostat speakers ($18,000 and I don't know if that's for one or the pair) powered by two JC-1 amplifiers ($6,000) with the CTC blowtorch ($15,000) fed from a Entec Number Cruncher source ($5,000)

You're playing with the big boys now... how do I get this room, other than spend $43,000?? 8O

Here's the CTC blowtorch itself. Definitely not a Halo piece of equipment, but looks are deceiving, because this thing is incredible. Each one is hand-built by John Curl, Carl Thompson, and Bob Crump, going from one master builder to the next, taking 3 months. The word is that owners (of which there are very few) say it has no equal.

CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Here's a picture of the JC-2 prototype with a D3 disc player prototype. Top removed. I'm reading prices of $2700-3200 for the JC-2.

CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Chris D
              This is the massive Soundlab M-1 electrostat speakers ($18,000 and I don't know if that's for one or the pair)
              The Soundlab M-1 retails for $16,800/pair. However, I can see that the setup in the picture also has a pair of SALLIEs (backwave attenuators), so your $18k retail figure probably includes those...

Originally posted by Chris D