X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpOoNmAn
    • Sep 2003

Adios

Ive asked that this account be deleted. I guess selling some of my gear that I "supposedly" never owned, looks shady, seeing as I havent posted here in a while.

The staff neglected to think about the other members here who know for a fact that everything I sell, I have indeed used for a lengthy amount of time in my own setup.

Ive gotten PM's in the past from certain members asking why Im selling, I see how things fall into place around here :roll:

The Paranoia is just silly and childlike. Some of you should be downright ashamed of yourselves. Some of you have my email to get a hold of me, that is all.

wow look at these pics...12 months old...and these are just the ones I use in the livingroom. Im not showing the other 4 I have scattered around the house(pc room, basement, bedroom). This accounts for 6 of them alone..Fell foolish yet Guide Staff?

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
    GameTracker -My List-
    Life is short, Play it LOUD!
  • bhuskins
    • Aug 2003

Is this supposed to make any sense?

Cool off and talk to Doug (Lex) and I'm sure you guys can work it out.

I know both of you guys and you both seem to be reasonable people. Posting hate messages won't help.

Brent Huskins
    Media Design
    HTGuide Sponsor

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

No one ever said you hadn't used them. no one made that accusation. Your post was called on 2 things, one using an email from another forum which is a practice that is frowned upon, and another was a commercial link to order info for these units. We condone neither. However, it was said that we believe you were selling things for profit. Why? Because of the shere quantity of items sold. You sold a lot of things here, I mean a lot. I've seen few people sell more here or anywhere else. Coincidence? Perhaps.

Any person here can click View all posts by you I think, and view what you've posted for sale. I invite a few people to and take a look at what all you've sold here.

It was said to you that coincidentally, you'd posted nothing this year really except items for sale on HTGuide. We felt so USED. If you don't think enough of us to post here, why on earth would you think enough of us to sell your gear here? Why not sell it whereever you are posting, or ebay for cripes sakes. Come back, get involved in the forum, then maybe sell some gear. It's been said all along that HTG's Pawn Shop is a service for our members, strike that, active members. We are not interested in people just coming to in short cherry pick our forum and use it to sell gear, but do nothing else here even if you are trying to give the members such a great and wonderful "deal".

What transpired here has nothing to do with your selling record of satisfied sales, and while your ad did sound like a infomercial, it didn't even have to do with that, though the bold image of it sure did attract a lot of attention, as someone emailed me about it before I turned it over to our Rules Administrator.

You know you can go through life attacking when things don't go your way, or you could maybe try to be reasonable and get along. Selling shit loads of gear on a forum that is designed primarily as an informational place isn't really that cool.

Most of his beef is with me Brent, as I am the one that's always been in his grill about his sales. Maybe I assumed to much here, maybe he tried to sell to much here, I am man enough to admit I could have made a mistake or two concerning him, but I won't back down from the principles of HTGuide. It's a member privledge to sell gear here free, it's not a damn thing we owe anybody- In fact, one of the reasons we are sooo protective of it, is to protect the very advertisers that allow us to keep our doors open, like Brent with Media Designs. Without those guys selling gear here, HTG will go out of business. I've certainly not received one 5.00 commission check from a seller using our FREE Pawn Shop in over 4 years. What does that say about who's using who, and who's being unfair?

I may well not be done here, but I'm posting this for now, as I have things to do. Now, I am going to go ahead and tell the membership that Spoonman's membership was suspended for a period of time, so he cannot post a retribution post at this point. He has since requested that his membership be deleted. We may do that, or we may leave it suspended for now.

I do recall one member that left in a huff, I locked his account due to some problems. Later, I decided to unlock it, and now he's posting here again, and I have no grudge.
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Kevin P
        • Aug 2000

Ok, me thinks it's time to close this thread, as it doesn't belong in the Halo/Parasound forum anyway. Please submit future inquiries on this matter to the HTG staff via PM or email.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"