Have anyone buy from RayBeat Audio/Video?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kkman
    • Jun 2005

Have anyone buy from RayBeat Audio/Video?

Not sure he is authorized dealer.
  • nicholtl
    • Aug 2003

Just by judging from the quality of the site, not to mention how the store is being run from someone's garage (check out the "contact us" link), I'd say no.

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

All you have to do is go to the Parasound website, and then click on "dealers" to find authorized Parasound dealers. If it's not listed on the Parasound website, it may be a new dealer that's not listed yet, but if you have any questions, just call Parasound themselves and get the official story.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• jimmyp58
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

It would appear that this company is very similar to mine....he is a custom installer. Hence, it is likely most manufacturers will not list him as a dealer as there are simply too many to list. With respect to Parasound, he is probably like me too. I can sell Parasound but only their "basic" line and I can only sell through a distributor. All warranties apply. I had looked into selling Halo some months back but they have some newer rules that prohibit having dealers without a storefront. So, I believe he can sell Parasound but it is probably from their basic line (you might be lucky in that he can sell their basic, classic, and Halo as well but I highly doubt it). To Chris' point, you could call Parasound but my hunch is they won't know either and that would be sad because it'll leave you believing he might not be authorized. Here's my suggestion. Call the dealer and tell him you are interested in purchasing Parasound gear but that you don't see him listed as an authorized dealer. Ask him how you can verify he is authorized to sell Parasound. If it were me, I would provide you the name and telephone number of the person I work with from the distributor. Call that person and they can look up (or they should readily know) if he is legit or not. From there if you remain inquisitive, you can then call Parasound and ask them if the XYZ distributor is authorized to sell Parasound gear.

This should give you all the reassurances you'll need. If he won't give you his distributor's name, you'll know he is not legit. My hunch is that he is and just because he sells out of his garage means absolutely nothing. If you were to judge solely on this, you might be missing out on a gem of a dealer to work with. I use my home as a showroom --- I have 4 showrooms in my home. Most of my major manufacturers have given my setup their blessing (they actually visited my premise for an 'inspection' of sorts) as it represents their line(s) extremely well --- in fact, a couple of them stated it is better than going to a B&M store. In fact a couple of HT Guiders have visited my 'showrooms' and have found them rather impressive.

In the end if it doesn't work out with this dealer, please know I would be privileged to help you as long as it is for the Parasound basic line.

I hope this helps....

Jim
        jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

Jim,

On your website you say that you sell "Harmon-Kardon". You probably want to correct that typo. (Harman-Kardon).

Peter

Comment

• jimmyp58
            Super Senior Member
            • Aug 2003

Thanks Peter.....

Comment

• jimmyp58
              Super Senior Member
              • Aug 2003

I spoke to Brad from Parasound this morning and I should clarify my post from earlier. One, you do not have to have a storefront in order to sell Halo. Two, you can contact Parasound directly and they will let you know if a dealer is legit or not (please PM or e-mail me for Brad's number). Even if they only buy from a distributor, they still will have to be on file with Parasound. I learned something too in that while I have sold some Parasound gear through my distributor, I need to have some documentation on file with Parasound in order to do so. I will be taking care of this immediately.

Every company is different so what applies to Parasound is not necessarily the case with others.

Again, I can provide you Brad's direct telephone number if you are interested.

Jim

Comment

• kkman
                • Jun 2005

Thanks for the information.
                I checked the parasound site and he is on the dealers' list.

Ken

Comment

• nicholtl
                  • Aug 2003

Wow. My bad. He could use some tips on taking better photos for his advertisement, then. Looks like my broke friend's shack.

Comment

• lmrizzo
                    • Apr 2005

I bought some quality speakers from him. Good transaction and the speakers were just fine.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"