Finding discrepancies with the Halo Control Software?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Finding discrepancies with the Halo Control Software?

I'm seeing some discrepancies with the Halo Control software--I've talked it over with Parasound's tech support, and they're looking into it to see if there's problems or omissions. In the meantime, I think it would be useful for everyone to post if they've noticed similar things so we can nail down what's right.

- For many years now, the version posted on Parasound's download webpage has been Halo Control v2, which opens up titled version 1.1. The new Halo Setup packaged with the Feb 28th 2005 DPLIIx update is still file dated August 30th 2002, way back. It's obviously different, though. It opens up without a version title. However, I've noticed that after I open up my saved configuration files, the top bar reads again "Version 1.1". Strange.

- The old Halo Control download when opened started up with the Halo icon logo, stating "copyright 2002". The new update Halo Setup opens with the Halo icon logo stating "copyright 2003".

- On the "Audio" tab of the old Halo Control download, at the bottom right there were two buttons--one to change DPL II/DTS Music settings, the other for THX Ultra 2 settings. The new update Halo Setup only has the THX Ultra 2 button. (on that note, I've noticed that there is nowhere in the new Halo Control to change or even select the new DPLIIx functions, you have to do it all manually on the main unit)

- Again on the "Audio" tab, the new update Halo Setup adds a new selection for "Default THX Surround EX Mode". The letters are cut off, but it seems to offer "EX On" and "EX Off". (This is great, more functionality choices are always good in my book)

- Like others, I've noticed that downloads to the C1/C2 controller complete with the new udpate Halo Setup, but some settings revert to non-selected values. After downloading all settings, my subwoofer crossover will default back to 160Hz now even though I had selected 80Hz-THX on the Halo Control. My speaker levels were off, like my left speaker jumped from -12 db to -12.5 db, and my right speaker slid from -12 db to -11.5 db. The right back speaker moved from -1.5 db to -3.0 db. Similar things happened to the distance settings. On the old download Halo Control, this used to happen to me with the DPL II/DTS Music settings, but that was it. No sweat.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"