• Jul 2004

specific cable threads not allowed in club bW

not allowed
    Victory Shall Be Mine!!! :heh:
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

Honestly.............NO.

I don't like to bash anything audio or video but Monstercable over the years lost some of my respect for there products.

Alittle insights.........

I'm BIG on wire.I have always wired my systems with Monstercable as I knew no better for years.then I got out from under my wire rock and started experiencing other brands.For the money,I feel monster can be and has been beat.There sound quality isn't as good as there built quality.

Your speakers should have higher quality wire then MCX,if monster is your game and it's what you perfer to use in your system,then you should look into the M1.4s bi wires.They are a better match for your speakers.

Other then that,I suggest you get out there,off the computer and experience the game......of wire

Dan

Comment

• theMaximus
      • Jul 2004

deleted
      Victory Shall Be Mine!!! :heh:

Comment

• biomed_eng_2000
        • Jul 2004

If you have reasonable gauge cables already, mid or high-end ones won't make a difference. Sure they will look pretty and there is nothing wrong with audio jewelry. But let's just not fool ourselves and others into thinking that they make our wonderful B&W's sound any better.

[cable propoganda deleted by admin]

Buy reasonable speaker wire and please save yourself a couple hundred dollars and spend it on something that will make a real difference to your listening experience like diffusors and absorbers which are sold by Parts Express and made by RPG Diffusors, or other similar acoustic solutions vendors.

Comment

• Blazar
          • Feb 2004

The never ending cable debate...

my vote is waste of money.

If you have THAT much money to spare, trade in your amp for a Theta digital Dreadnaught amp or something equally on par...

The amp makes all sorts of differences in sound. Maybe not better but different.

One of the only "tweaks" that I have seen reviewed as consistently excellent have been the psaudio.com Powerplant products. I haven't tried them yet. Honestly I would trade my rotel amp in for a theta digital before messing with a tweak product.

The money would be FAR better spent upgrading speakers to the 800 series nautilus. I have a pair, believe me when I say they OWN... and I use some typical zip cord wire... I heard NO audible difference when comparing to my expensive pair of monster cable.
          Blazar!
          (HTPC/Panasonic SA-XR55/B&W 802D/HTM-1/SCMS)

Comment

• DanR
            • Dec 2004

deleted
            :B It's all about the MUSIC!!!

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

Blazar, remove your equipment from signature, is NOT allowed.

I deleted anyone's post that included brands of cables.

Biomed engineer, please do not try to turn HTG into a personal cruisade against high end cables, I'll delete your membership after one more warning. This is not a place for engineering views vs the rest of the world. Are we clear? If you meant reasosnable, 200-300 bucks reasonable, then you are allowed to believe that. If you mean 15.00 reasonable, your argument is not alloweed as a personal crusade item over and over and over.

In general, this thread violates the cables in speaker forum rules anyway, and is now locked.
              Doug
              "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"