X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan Schulze
    • Jun 2003

They do sound better with time!!

I have had my B&W 802's, HTM1, & 805's for about 2½ months now, and my son was watching Die Hard the other day, and I though to myself, I don't remember that movie sounding that good before. I think my B&W's are starting to break in nicely now. I also happened to be at my dealers the other day, and he told me that one day I will think, gee these speakers are really starting to sound good. He did confirm that the break in period is fairly long. No specific time frame given, but they are reluctant to upgrade their older 802's because they are so nicely broken in.

All I can say - I think I will continue to be in for little surprises in my sound for quite a while. Oh what sweet sound!!!

Does anyone else have an experience similar?

Dan

I want to be SHAKEN not stirred!!
    My Home Theater
    I want to be SHAKEN not stirred!!
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

I have been thinking the same thing about my 804's lately. The sound field is coming together nicely! When I first got them, I could tell there was definately 2 speakers when listening to 2 channel music, now, if i didn't know any better, I would think it was all coming from my center speaker, which is off at the time.
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"