Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EarleH
    • Mar 2022

B&W 602 quit working!

Forgive me, I"m 91 and get a little confused. Here is what happened. Was listening my audio quit, never having any trouble with the speakers, I went to the receiver, checking with one that I knew was good, still no audio. Finally I hooked up another set of speaker. Audio was back. So now how to repair my 602 B&Ws? It seems to me that the problem lies beneath the speaker jacks. But that is the reason I'm here, I really don't know. I live in a small town, am over a hundred miles to a city that might be able to repair them. I once took an electronic course at RETS, but it was mainly vacuum tubes, transistors were just on the horizon. I ended up as a plant manager. Anyway I can handle a soldering iron, and I know resisters and capacitors. Anyway HELP! Earle
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Wow, you are 91 and still in the game. i am very impressed as owner of the forum. Bless you and you know I have had to have my Lexicon MC-12 repaired, as well as having my Aerial SW-12 repaired at the factory. So long and short of it is, anything electronic breaks. but the fixes can be less to repair than expected. I also play guitark and had to have my Marshall amp repaired in Nashville. They were very reasonable. Good luck with your repairs!!! Thank you for patronizing HTGuide, we appreciate it! Hang in there, and good luck!

Doug
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• chrisn
      • Sep 2007

Any progress? They both quit? I'd open them up and see if anything looks disconnected or broken and proceed from there. Actually, I'd measure the resistance at the speaker terminals first and see what the result is.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"