X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marlinman
    • Oct 2017

Older B&W models help

Greetings from NC, I'm the new kid ie old man on the block and please to have found this site . After yrs of military service, retirement I'm back in the ht world and need some sound advice! I fell into the following and data is limited on the models I got. 2 Cwm cinema speakers (I can find pictures of them but no info online. The twin drivers are the Kevlar material in the gold. When I find the 6 the are n black. So the speakers are just marked as I stated, I rcvd three Cwm 650s and one ccm 626 and a supercube II psw! We have remodel and enclosed a 12x24 porch enclosed , first half 12x12 is a dedicated ht back half a bar fun entertaining area. I am trying to peace together a 5.1 for now. Also got a Yamaha vx1700 with this. Basically all this is new old stock . Question is should I use the Cwm cinema for center the 650s as L/r and purchase two surrounds. Or use the cinemas as l/r and 650s as surrounds and purchase a new center, and if so which model? I also got a two Channel audio source one amp all this was purchase l11/06 and professional installed , and both wife and husband got deployed, came backed divorced so I say new in box, I got the invoices and all. I am hoping a third cinema shows up when she unpacks as she did purchase 3 . If that is case then I can have three across the front if advisable, but never less I cannot wait as we are completing the room. I do have some older polks towers and book selfs in my current house, does anyone use towers for rears, they would be basically behind the two reclines in center of room 3 ft from the left ear in one chair 3 ft from right ear one rt chair. After installation and decorating I will experiment with a sound curtain behind chairs. I am building a platform across room and will work my in wall bw into building a box to simulate a wall at appropriate level. If center speaker is my best option I just want to ensure it matches and I have zero inclination to that. Local place I've visited the sales staff well I have socks older then them and they have limited knowledge on older
    Products. If I had a 2 626 I would use them for surrounds till perhaps the third cinema is located. Sorry for ranting but ive researched this for two weeks to no prevail. Just couldn't pass on this bundle plus a 5 disc changer and cables and controls . Again pleasure to be here. Dave ret military
  • JürgenW
    • Jul 2004

Hi,

I saw your item and thought that's interesting, as I have some older B&W's.

My old B&W's are older than the one's you have, so I can't help you with your questions.

But let me add something - and I hope you don't mind me saying so.

Unfortunately your question is very difficult to read, because the text is going on and on in one movement, without clearly marked separations and making your questions easy to see. Also if you have more than one question, please separate them and number them.

I hope someone more qualified than me will help you further.

Comment

• Alaric
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

The CWM 650s are in wall speakers. There's a thread here http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthr...-wall-speakers
      Bowers & Wilkins may have something in their archives under "Custom Installation" here http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Product_Archive
      I'm hoping Patrick Butler will stop in, too. He's a B & W rep and one of our members.

And welcome to the 'Guide! :later:
      Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
      Marantz PM-KI Pearl
      Schiit Modi 3
      Marantz CD5005
      Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Marlinman
        • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Alaric
        The CWM 650s are in wall speakers. There's a thread here http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthr...-wall-speakers
        Bowers & Wilkins may have something in their archives under "Custom Installation" here http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Product_Archive
        I'm hoping Patrick Butler will stop in, too. He's a B & W rep and one of our members.

And welcome to the 'Guide! :later:
        Thank you for the welcome.
        That would be great as I have failed to find a third cmw cinema for front to have them across front and the two 650s as rears(leaving a third 650 unused as I have three) if I could find a suitable center to match to the cinemas is what I'm looking for now, just not sure how to match to them. I do not believe the cinema 6 is the answer and honestly I'd prefer not to have another inwall . But the build of the stage /tv stand is on hold till I find someone that can recommend a suitable center . Again than you sir for the response and welcome.djj

Comment

• Marlinman
          • Oct 2017

I saw your item and thought that's interesting, as I have some older B&W's.
          Duly noted! But I came to forum for advice and knowledge of audio, not comments on my writing skills, they suck too. But thanks for pointing that out and telling me what I already knew. My advice on gun forums I've been member of for years is this ., if you have no input to question at hand , just comment to self and move along! You wasted a lot of time with constructive criticism that is not prevalent to question at hand taking up valuable space on some mainframe. These forums do cost money to operate. Again thanks for the warm welcome

My old B&W's are older than the one's you have, so I can't help you with your questions.

But let me add something - and I hope you don't mind me saying so.

Unfortunately your question is very difficult to read, because the text is going on and on in one movement, without clearly marked separations and making your questions easy to see. Also if you have more than one question, please separate them and number them.

I hope someone more qualified than me will help you further.[/QUOTE]

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by marlinman
            Duly noted! But i came to forum for advice and knowledge of audio, not comments on my writing skills, they suck too. But thanks for pointing that out and telling me what i already knew. My advice on gun forums i've been member of for years is this ., if you have no input to question at hand , just comment to self and move along! You wasted a lot of time with constructive criticism that is not prevalent to question at hand taking up valuable space on some mainframe. These forums do cost money to operate. Again thanks for the warm welcome
            I think his comments on your writing are constructive. It is too dense and, frankly, I gave up the effort to read your post after a line or so.
            Kal Rubinson

Comment

• Marlinman
              • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Kal Rubinson
              I think his comments on your writing are constructive. It is too dense and, frankly, I gave up the effort to read your post after a line or so.
              sorry i am not at the intellectual level as some, im just a deplorable seeking some sound audio advice! Great bunch of chaps here for sentence proposition pointers, but not for advice on audio! So let me comprehend your statement, So not only did you give up in a sentence or two , u failed as human to help the less educated due to writing skills one could conclude from that, Nice choice you make in helping someone! Wow , moderator please delete my deplorable country redneck veteran accountfrom this high class of educated humans that i dont deserve to have the priveldge of communicating with!

Comment

• Alaric
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Jan 2006

To answer one of your questions, towers are certainly usable as surrounds. The only caveat I can think of is make sure your levels are adjusted so towers don't overwhelm them the primary speakers (LCR).
                Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                Schiit Modi 3
                Marantz CD5005
                Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Marlinman
                  sorry i am not at the intellectual level as some, im just a deplorable seeking some sound audio advice! Great bunch of chaps here for sentence proposition pointers, but not for advice on audio! So let me comprehend your statement, So not only did you give up in a sentence or two , u failed as human to help the less educated due to writing skills one could conclude from that, Nice choice you make in helping someone! Wow , moderator please delete my deplorable country redneck veteran accountfrom this high class of educated humans that i dont deserve to have the priveldge of communicating with!
                  Sorry you feel that way. I gave it a try.
                  Kal Rubinson

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"