Best receiver for B&W 683's and 685's???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hockey_101
    • Oct 2015

Best receiver for B&W 683's and 685's???

I currently have a Pioneer Elite VSX-40 and it sounds alright but I'd like to 'upgrade'. My budget is around $500 so I am looking for something used. I don't care at all about HDMI inputs as this is going to be used for music. What would be a nice upgrade and why?

Currently looking at:
    Rotel 1057
    Denon 3312CI
    Pioneer SC-version Elites
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by hockey_101
    I currently have a Pioneer Elite VSX-40 and it sounds alright but I'd like to 'upgrade'. My budget is around $500 so I am looking for something used. I don't care at all about HDMI inputs as this is going to be used for music. What would be a nice upgrade and why?

Currently looking at:
    Rotel 1057
    Denon 3312CI
    Pioneer SC-version Elites
    In my humble opinion, the only one here that will make an appreciable difference in your Sound is the Rotel . I have the 1057 and it rocks for music!!
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• hockey_101
      • Oct 2015

Thank you for your input. I found one locally for $300. Does that sound fair for a Rotel 1057 with Remote in good condition?

Comment

• madmac
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by hockey_101
        Thank you for your input. I found one locally for $300. Does that sound fair for a Rotel 1057 with Remote in good condition?
        Well......considering that it cost me $1800 Canadian new ya!!!...... I'd say that's a great deal!! Rotel makes very musical receivers. Make sure the remote works because you really need that to set it up properly with the on-screen menus. You can download the manual on line.

Bare in mind that this is a legacy receiver (ie...older) that does standard Dolby digital and DTS via coax or Toslink digital cables. It does not decode HDMI audio. I'm quite sure you will be impressed with it's sound !! I was and am !!
        Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"