• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pdmonty
    • Nov 2014

ASW 750 amplification question??

Hi all, great site...I've learned a ton!!!;x(

So here's my situation...

I have a B&W ASW 750 which I love but who's plate amp BLEW UP prior to me acquiring it . This amp is rated at 1000 watts but is very expensive to replace and the local shop I took it too didn't even want to try and fix it.

Subsequently I have never heard what this sub can do in it's original glory.

So now, in the interim, I am using two Marantz MA 6100 mono blocks, bridged together to create approx. 400 watts at 6ohms. The sub sounds great to my ears however, I have no benchmark to compare it to. The 6100's have no control over crossover or phase so all is being handled by my preamps circuitry.

Anyone else out there running their 750 as a passive sub and if so, can you talk about/compare any performance issues, good bad or neutral as compared to the factory spec?

Thank in advance.
    Paul...

Current Modest Equipment:

B&W 703's (MAINS)
    B&W HTM2 (CENTER)
    B&W 686's (REAR SURROUNDS)
    DS7 (SIDE SURROUNDS)
    B&W ASW750 (SUB)
    B&W AS6 (SUB)
    MARANTZ AV7701
    MARANTZ MM9000 (2) (5 CH AMPS)
    MARANTZ MM7025
    MARANTZ MA6100 (2) (MONO AMPS)
    MARANTZ UD5007 (SACD/BD/CD)
    MARANTZ CD67SE (CD)
    PANAMAX M4300-PM (POWER CONDITIONER)
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"