X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nimrodasas
    • May 2011

DB1 sub

is anyone have a chance to audition this sub?
    is it wil be good with 804 di front and htm4 center?
    thanks
  • windshear
    • Dec 2004

I own 2 of them and use them in my HT set up (800 Di mains). They will definately work well with the speakers , however in what context will you be using one. For stereo or HT and is it to smooth bass response or increase low level output. It is a "nice" product that is quite flexible in its abilities, however rather pricey in terms of capability compared to other brands. I merely went for them to maintain brand commonality with my other loudspeakers, as well as dealer support in my part of the world.

Comment

• nimrodasas
      • May 2011

for both music and h.t
      and i think for smooth and nice bass not agressive bass

Comment

• Skyblue
        • Jun 2009

I have one, and it really is very very nice. However, like windshear we dont really have any JL or Velodyne available here either. So, I say, you can't go wrong, but you may be able to get equal performance from cheaper alternatives.
        B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• Rod#S
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by nimrodasas
          for both music and h.t
          and i think for smooth and nice bass not agressive bass
          I can't comment on the DB1 but if you have a Paradigm Signature dealer in your area then I suggest you try and get a demo of the Sub 1 and maybe even the Sub 25. My first reccommendation would be the Sub 2 but at appx. 10k US it's very pricey. The Sub 1 and Sub 2 will give very smooth bass whereas the Sub 25 would tend to be a bit more on the agressive side in comparison.

My dealer has never had a DB1 in the store but I would like to put it up against my Sub 25 to see how it compares.
          B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• windshear
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Rod#S
            I can't comment on the DB1 but if you have a Paradigm Signature dealer in your area then I suggest you try and get a demo of the Sub 1 and maybe even the Sub 25. My first reccommendation would be the Sub 2 but at appx. 10k US it's very pricey. The Sub 1 and Sub 2 will give very smooth bass whereas the Sub 25 would tend to be a bit more on the agressive side in comparison.

My dealer has never had a DB1 in the store but I would like to put it up against my Sub 25 to see how it compares.
            I had a Sub 15 before this,i got rid of it due to the way it switched on an off. I turn off the power to my room so when the Sub 15 had power applied or removed it used to give off a most distressing noise. Performance it was on par with the DB1, however did not have the flexibility in terms of connection. The quality of the finish doesnt even come close to the B&W's.

Comment

• Rod#S
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by windshear
              I had a Sub 15 before this,i got rid of it due to the way it switched on an off. I turn off the power to my room so when the Sub 15 had power applied or removed it used to give off a most distressing noise. Performance it was on par with the DB1, however did not have the flexibility in terms of connection. The quality of the finish doesnt even come close to the B&W's.
              My 2 Servo 15's (predecessor to the Sub 15) definitely give off a hum but my Sub 25 seems to be dead quite. I'm not sure what finish you had but the quality of the rosenut on my Servo's is pretty close to my 802 Diamonds and HTM2 Diamond, I give the B&W's the edge there but the cherry finish on my Sub 25 is better than the finish on the B&W's. Like the B&W's the wood is flawless with very nice grain but the lacquer over the wood gives it the edge over the B&W's flat finish. My 2 Servo's only have a single RCA input so having at least an XLR is definitely a bonus. The Sub 25 has dual RCA inputs for stereo or mono LFE connection if desired and a XLR input similar to the DB1.
              B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• windshear
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Rod#S
                My 2 Servo 15's (predecessor to the Sub 15) definitely give off a hum but my Sub 25 seems to be dead quite. I'm not sure what finish you had but the quality of the rosenut on my Servo's is pretty close to my 802 Diamonds and HTM2 Diamond, I give the B&W's the edge there but the cherry finish on my Sub 25 is better than the finish on the B&W's. Like the B&W's the wood is flawless with very nice grain but the lacquer over the wood gives it the edge over the B&W's flat finish. My 2 Servo's only have a single RCA input so having at least an XLR is definitely a bonus. The Sub 25 has dual RCA inputs for stereo or mono LFE connection if desired and a XLR input similar to the DB1.
                The Sub 15 had a removable grill. Its a really cheap and nasty design. Also the feet were not that great a design. It also does not have a trigger configurable input selection option which the DB1 has. I do understand they serve two different segments of the market in terms of pricing. Paradigm makes good value for money products across the spectrum.

Comment

• Rod#S
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by windshear
                  The Sub 15 had a removable grill. Its a really cheap and nasty design. Also the feet were not that great a design. It also does not have a trigger configurable input selection option which the DB1 has. I do understand they serve two different segments of the market in terms of pricing. Paradigm makes good value for money products across the spectrum.
                  Oh man I hear you with respect to the feet, they are horrible on my Servo 15's and although I never bothered to get the spikes for the Sub 25 they didn't evolve much for the better over time. The 3 Signature subs all have triggers which is a nice feature but they are Paradigm's top subs and all cost a lot of money so I would expect nothing less. The Sub 25 goes for around the same price as the DB1 with the Sub 1 being a little cheaper and well, the Sub 2 being a lot more. That one runs with the big guns like the JL Audio Gotham. It would be a toss up between the two I believe.

Apologies for getting off topic nimrodasas.

Comment

• Gasoil
                    • Feb 2011

Db1

Hi,

It's the 1st B&W sub i really like. Its' great for films and for music.

I owened the Velodyne DD12 , B&W 825 , REL Storm , and believe me the DB1 is fantastic. What i especially like about that sub, it plays very well with music. It's not a bargain, but believe me once you've bought it, it will stay in your system for a while.

Gasoil

Comment

• nimrodasas
                      • May 2011

thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"