X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • windshear
    • Dec 2004

Imminent arrival of new toys

14 hours to go and then my 800Diamonds will be delivered. They are presently at the dealers and im soooooo excited. I have never had the pleasure of owning a new pair of speakers in this class, i only hope my expectations are met. :twisted:
  • dukester
    • Sep 2010

taking your system to the next lvl...enjoy!
    McIntosh C2300/MC302, NAD T785, Oppo 83se & 105, Squeezebox Touch, AppleTV, B&W 803Di/HTM2Di/M1, REL G1, Sony XBR9, PS3

Comment

• RebelMan
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

I would say the top level.
      "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• ShadowZA
        Super Senior Member
        • Jan 2006

Fantastic!

Bet you're not going to sleep much tonight!

Enjoy tomorrow and please share your thoughts once you have spent some quality time with your new 800Diamonds. :T

Comment

• htsteve
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

windshear,

Excellent news. A weekend with new toys. Enjoy them!

Comment

• pazu
            • Nov 2009

Wow!!!

We're waiting for a lots of photos of your new toys!

:T

Comment

• Rod#S
              • Oct 2010

Congrats! Post pics when you get a chance. What finish did you choose?
              B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• windshear
                • Dec 2004

The 800 Diamonds are in the house. Wow i must say having gone from a pair of 802D's to these, they certainly are more imposing. The quality of finish is just beautiful. I just love the look of them with the grills off.

I was using a pair of loan CM7's and switching over to the 800's was revealing. Imaging, sound stage, bass output and the ability to clearly define an individual instrument is just amazing. After just a few hours of listening im glad with my choice. As mentioned in one of the reviews by a prominent forum member, they certainly seem more efficent as i have found their output levels louder than the 802D's for the same volume setting on my processor.

I will try and post some better pictures once i learn how to use a camera.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Rod#S
                  • Oct 2010

Beautiful!
                  B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• pazu
                    • Nov 2009

Wow!

Fantastic!

A photo of the ensemble, pleaseeeeeeee!!!

:B

Comment

• ShadowZA
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Jan 2006

Excellent pics! The 800D's are beautiful to look at. Great to know your first impressions. As good as they are I'm sure that they are going to improve even more as they settle in. Great stuff!!! Enjoy!

Comment

• RebelMan
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Mar 2005

windshear, is the Rosenut finish (the grain and textured feel) of the 800D2 the same as the older 800D Series (like the HTM1D you have)? It looks like it would feel smoother from the pics.
                        "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• Rod#S
                          • Oct 2010

What model Classe amps are you running for the 800 Diamonds and the HTM1D?

Comment

• windshear
                            • Dec 2004

The finish of the texture on the 800D2's is identical to the HTM1D. It was the same as the old 802D's, it is no smoother.

Im using a CA2300 and a CA5300 for amplification.

Comment

• SPACEMANRICK
                              • May 2005

Wow, beautiful and majestic! I would be interested to hear more of your comparisons between the new 800D speakers and your old 802D speakers.

Comment

• DeepEndX
                                • Feb 2005

Very very nice!

Comment

• style
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Feb 2006

nice set :W

sorry are 2 monoblock cam600 correct? as pre you use a onkyo?

never listen in place at 2 cam600 with a biamp with 2 ca2300?
                                  give you a lot of details and controls from each instruments(chitar, violiy,piano,..) that a cam600 don can give you.. (hey I don't say that the Cam600 is not a grwat ampli! but with the bi.amp you have more....)

Comment

• windshear
                                    • Dec 2004

No , they are not CAM600's. As mentioned in the post above a CA2300 and a CA5300. I am waiting for stands for the amplifiers as well as the HTM1D. I think once they arrive it will finish it off quite nicely.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                    Search Result for "|||"