X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tony1
    • Sep 2007

Where to get longer spikes for 805s

I want to raise the 805's on sound anchor stands a few inches. Anyone know where I can get taller spikes?
    Attached Files
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

A few inchES???
    Those most I've seen spikes extend to is about an inch to an inch and a half. How much taller are you trying to get?
    I know they sell various sized spikes here in Japan, but any "audiophile" product is going to have a price. i.e., probably more than $150
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• htsteve
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Tony1,

Try this site. Middle of the page.

oregondv.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, oregondv.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Hope this helps.

Comment

• audioqueso
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

NICE! It's cheap too! I should post some links to websites here in Japan. They make a killing out of tweaks like this. lol
        B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Tony1
          • Sep 2007

I was looking to raise them up 3 -4"'s. Have a new sofa that is high so I want to raise the speakers to ear level that's why I was thinking about taller spikes. I tried searching the net but didn't have any luck so that's I why I posted here. The other alternative would get a 2 x 4 and make blocks to raise them but that wouldn't look too good.

Comment

• stuofsci02
            Super Senior Member
            • Nov 2009

Sound Anchor also makes stands for the 805. You can order them in many different heights. Obviously a more expensive option, but an option non the less.
            Main System:
            B&W 801D
            Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
            Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
            Oppo BDP-105
            Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
            B&W CM7
            Emotiva UMC-1
            Emotiva UPA-2
            Oppo BDP-83SE
            Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• htsteve
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by stuofsci02
              Sound Anchor also makes stands for the 805. You can order them in many different heights. Obviously a more expensive option, but an option non the less.

I was thinking something similar. Also, as you already have nice stands, maybe Sound Anchor could make a pair of base extenders for you. Raise it up the desired height.

Hope this helps.
              Last edited by htsteve; 22 December 2010, 14:10 Wednesday.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"