X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Highroller
    • Jan 2010

speaker placement

I am to get some guidance on speaker placement. My listening distance from the TV is 11 feet. How far should the speakers 802Di's be away from each other (maximum and minimum) and the central listening position?

Thank you for your help
  • stuofsci02
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2009

In general a good starting point is to make an equalateral triangle between the two speakers and you. For instance with my 804s I have the speakers placed approx 9.5 ft from each other and I am sitting 9.5 ft from each speaker. I have them slightly toed in.

If I was sitting closer I would put the speakers closer together and visaversa..
    Main System:
    B&W 801D
    Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
    Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
    Oppo BDP-105
    Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
    B&W CM7
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva UPA-2
    Oppo BDP-83SE
    Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• Briz vegas
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

What are your room constraints?

You don't want them too close to the back wall, make sure they are a couple of feet into the room, the more the better to give you some depth to the sound stage

Equllateral triangle is a good start

Nothing between the speakers is good so try and get then infront of your gear or television if you can.

Toe in is a matter of preference, I have mine toed in so that the speakers are aimed just wider than the sweet spot.

Most importantly , experiment a little until you get it sounding as you like it.

You will probably get more hints if you can include a photo or a sketch showing the layout of your room.

Great gear, enjoy !
      Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
      Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• HedgeHog
        • Dec 2008

I've seen lots of reference to the Cardas site for room setup: http://www.cardas.com/content.php?ar...ing=Room+Setup

FWIW, the XTZ Room Analyzer kit suggested a recommended L-R spacing of 0.8x where x is the direct distance from listener to speaker.

Have fun!

-H
        Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD / Oppo BDP-105 / Apple TV G2 / QNAP Turbo NAS TS-210
        Classe Audio SSP-800 / Classe Audio CA-M400 (x2) + CA-5200
        B&W 802D2 / B&W HTM2D2 / B&W CCM-818 / JL Audio Fathom 113
        Richard Gray Substation 240V + 1200 Custom / ESD Cable Isolators Mk II.
        Clear Day Double Shotgun Spkr Cable / White Zombie Audio ZeroPointZero Silver XLR / LessLoss DFPC Original

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"