X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDFraser331
    • Sep 2010

Midrange Cone Question

I unfortunately had to sell my 802 Matrix S3 speakers, now the buyer is telling me the midrange cones aren't firing. He can't feel them move and doesn't hear sound coming from either of them. I haven't touched them recently but I didn't hear any gaps in their sound output. Any suggestions on what it could be? I was running them on a Denon AVR 5800 and he has them biamped apparently, not sure what brands or what not. I can't imagine what it could be. Thank you in advance.

John
  • stuofsci02
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2009

You would definately notice if the midrange drivers were not working. As far as seeing them move.. With a dedicated base driver I doubt you would be able to see it..

I would imagine it is more a problem with his setup then anything. I would suggest he get back to the basics and single amp them and see if that solves the problem..
    Main System:
    B&W 801D
    Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
    Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
    Oppo BDP-105
    Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
    B&W CM7
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva UPA-2
    Oppo BDP-83SE
    Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• JDFraser331
      • Sep 2010

Thank you that is what I suggested thus far.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"