CSD of TB W4-657sh Alu/Mag Cone? (and others).

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aus_Roh
    • Nov 2007

CSD of TB W4-657sh Alu/Mag Cone? (and others).

Hello, I am wondering if anyone has measured the Cumulative Spectrum Decay for the 4 inch Tang Band W4-657sh Aluminium/Magnesium cone “full range”. http://www.tb-speaker.com/detail/1208_03/w4-657sh.htm
    I guess I’m interested in the frequencies only up to what appears to be metal resonance at 6 or 7 kHz.

To me, the best CSD, (albeit to limited range), is the SEAS Excel 6.5 inch magnesium cone, (as seen on Zaph’s site), so I am hoping it may be in this order, ie a sudden big immediate drop. The Excel also continues to offer a smooth decay profile across frequencies, also kept “low and dry” without stored energy. I’ve heard the eight inch Excel “sounds better”, Id really love to see the CSD of that too, as a performance of detail indicator, if anyone wants to share the graph.

So theoretically, I’m looking to discover a matching metal midrange (that can also be a stand-alone woofer in small cheaper applications) to continue from the 6 or 8 inch Excels. Zaph has recently discovered that the really cheap MCM metal cones sound good. The 4 inch MCMs (55-1853 & 55-3853) CSD is amazing in the midrange area – they have that big immediate CSD drop. But they might not reach up to certain ribbons. I’m hoping the Tang Band W4-657sh CSD will be like the Excel or MCM too as it is beautiful looking. (Who would have thought of MCM being compared to Excel!) But, the Tang-band 4 inch titanium cone w4-1337sa doesn’t have that CSD character I like to see, but I think it has a similar profile to other titanium cones, so I’m still hopeful about the alu/mag W4-657sh. So has anyone measured its CSD to share?
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"