X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • style
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2006

Hi,

the new D class power ampli are very good: the "pure classs A" or others , they have sure a great sond but a Belcanto or a Lyngdord (great system in stereo, with roomperfection "gears, great speakers, pre & powerampli AND is expensive the complete system, is not a solution to dont "wasted" money..)
    -> class D today have a very great sound, little "space", no hot temperatur
    well a solution not to say a low high end!!!!!!

i have Classe power ampli & pre but have listen the Lingdorf but Rotel new 2 channel RB1572 (2x250w.-> oke, what is not quality!!) but hey man they have a great sound!
    with a god prempli a good cable and "your" sistem sound "hot" like a tube~ and very good performance.

i'm PRO for the new Class D ampli with B&W and other...Sonus faber is not a "hard sound speaker": the model "Liuto" is not a good speaker FOR ME.
    have a sound very "soft" , pasty very different vs. a B&W but is a pesanl taste....

style

Comment

• SoundEngine355
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by ShadowZA
      SoundEngine355, I need to PM you but your message quota is full and cannot accept futher messages until some space is cleared.

Ta
      Fixed.
      SoundEngine355

-------------------
      [Music] B&W 800D | Classe CDP202 +M400s | Velodyne DD15

Comment

• alebonau
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Oct 2005

interesting reading here sound engine, appear to be a fellow aussie, given the aud pricing qouted. what are the DIY amps you mentioned ?

ps personally I wouldnt be demoing other amp options till the other room is done and dusted.

the left speaker looks way too close to the side wall and doesnt look like much room behind the speakers as well. This would be impacting quite a lot in my opinion on the overall sound. with a room gain in the bass, plus the limited distance behind the speakers limiting the image depth. the speaker being in close proximity to the side wall would compromise with reflections there as well. Depending on the new room if once set up there to give the speakers more room to breathe I think you will be quite amazed by the end result.

With the speakers you have and the classe power amp and CD player something like the 700 2ch blanced pre amp would be sensational in my opinion. Have heard it with my cousin while demoing on martin logans to a lovely result

interesting to read your adventures on re wiring internals. My focals I notice seem to have all internal wiring in some quite special looking silver stuff, I use vdh mgnum myself to hook up to my power amp
        "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

• Eliav
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by SoundEngine355
          Thanks.

Any 800/1/2D owners with M400's out there? What cables you using? Interconnects and speaker...
          Right here. 800d ( brand spanking new) CAM400, CDP202, CP700. using acoustic zen cables and interconnects.
          :T Socrat

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"