X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ligald
    • Feb 2009

Parasound amplifier for 802d

Hi,

Does anyone have some experience or some feedbacks about the matching between Parasound amplifiers and B&W 802d?

I'm considering the Parasound A21 stereo power amp (2x250W) which was reviewed several time as a "Must have". It has the ability to provide a lot of current (65 amps per channel) with a high damping factor. As my listening room is not so big, I don not need extra power.

My audio reseller said it is an excellent competitor to the Classé 2200, but at half the price!

Any comment? Thank you.

Ligald
  • Marco Lisi
    • May 2008

Hi Ligald

The 802D's will play nicely with the A21, but not at their full potential.
    Depending on which sound you want for your system, the JC-1's are a real match for the 802D's. Although they are not my personal favorites: bass is superbly dry, punchy en dynamic, but medium is not as airy and liquid as I want it to be. This is the case if you hook up 802D's with a Pass Labs X350.5.

Hope this helps :T
    Diamond Room
    Acoustical treated room with reference 7.3 av system

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"