Has anyone tried any of these?

They look pretty interesting.
  • atchudy
    • Nov 2007

anyone?

Comment

• rednelb
      • Nov 2008

I have. Wonderful piece of equipment. Very smooth and warm sound. They seem to be paired well with Era Design 4s. I like the speaker, but decided to put a pair of 705's on it. Absolutely amazing. The 50wpc is also underrated, as this thing will get loud. I have since upgraded to 803s and didn't think the Decco would power those babies, but contemplated using it as a preamp. Decided to throw it in another room instead.

Any other questions I would be glad to help.

Comment

• atchudy
        • Nov 2007

Thanks for the response. I have N803 and want to replace an older Sony ES receiver.

Do you have any pictures? Would you be able to try it on your 803s?

I would buy it today if it had an input for a turntable, and had more power.

Comment

• rednelb
          • Nov 2008

Do you want pictures of the amp?
          It doesn't look any different than the ones online.

It will power the N803s. The 50wpc is more like 100. I wouldn't want to throw it at my 803Ds, they are too power hungry for the Decco. I don't thing it would cause any problems though. Probably sound really good in fact. Like I said, I may try it as a preamp for them.

It will defiantly be an improvement over the Sony in sound quality. It is also a much simpler piece of equipment.

Comment

• atchudy
            • Nov 2007

Even if it produces more than 50w is that still enough? Would 4 ohms do anything different?

I like classic rock, etc. I like my music loud with as much bass as I can get without a subwoofer. Would low wattage hurt bass?

Would the Decco last long, or does the tube burn out after x hours?

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"