X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tony1
    • Sep 2007

Any suggestions for vibration dampening for HTM2D

Looking for something to dampen the vibrations of the HTM2d. Posted the pick of my set up. I've tried to search the net but can't find anything that can hold the HTM2d's weight. Any suggestions?
    Attached Files
  • beden1
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Tony1
    Looking for something to dampen the vibrations of the HTM2d. Posted the pick of my set up. I've tried to search the net but can't find anything that can hold the HTM2d's weight. Any suggestions?
    I have used this Lovan center speaker stand for my HTM1 which is about the same weight and size as the HTM2D with great success. It enables you to adjust angles as well. Solid construction.

Follow this link: http://www.standsandmounts.com/index...FQsaHgodPHPAaQ

Then scroll down to the:

Lovan Millennium Adjustable Center Channel Speaker Stand (Black) ML2CB-1887

Total Cost: $119.99

Comment

• RobP
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

This stuff works very well at absorbing vibrations. Its the same stuff that Sound Anchor uses on their stands, but this stuff is thicker. :T

Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• worldys
        • Dec 2005

assuming you want to keep your cabinet, you wouldn't have room for a stand so you could use three black diamond racing cones (point down) attached to the bottom of the speaker with blue tac, i have done this with good results

Comment

• skuzzyb
          • Mar 2006

Before you go out and spend a lot of money, get some tennis balls, cut them in half and put them under your speakers, that will help to isolate it from the rack. The reality is that you need a different equipment rack that will separate the speakers from the rest of your equipment. An independent speaker stand works best and I can echo beden1's comment that Lovan makes good stands and it is a lot less expensive that the one from B&W. Anway, all in all you may have to look at a different rack that can better isolate vibrations as I suspect that most of your challenges are due to the equipment rack you are currently using coupled with the speaker just sitting on top.

Give the tennis balls a try though, it may be an inexpensive way to isolate your problems until you can get a rack delivered.

Skz

Comment

• William
            • Aug 2006

WOW, that's a lot of center for the mains.

Comment

• sikoniko
              Super Senior Member
              • Aug 2003

before spending any money, look at these.

It would be a good low-cost solution to help you isolate the issue. I use them for my studio monitors and they work great!
              I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by sikoniko
                before spending any money, look at these.

It would be a good low-cost solution to help you isolate the issue. I use them for my studio monitors and they work great!
                Right. MoPads or, better yet, Auralex's Gramma. You need isolation. Any damping would require applying it to all the panels in the supporting cabinet.

Kal
                Kal Rubinson

Comment

• Tony1
                  • Sep 2007

Great suggestions, thanks.

Unfortunatley I have no room for a stand. Would have loved to do that. As you can see from the pics I don't have a lot of room.

I got a great deal for the set that's why I have the HTM2D and figured one day I will upgrade to 805D's, if they ever come out, or maybe 803D but don't think I have enough room for them now.

Soundgravy, my 805s is on sound anchor stands, where on the stand do they use that material? May use that for the components.

Kal do you think one gamma pad should be enough to support the HTM2D?

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Tony1
                    Kal do you think one gamma pad should be enough to support the HTM2D?
                    It's rated for up to 300lbs.

Kal
                    Kal Rubinson

Comment

• wettou
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • May 2006

You can try to put high-density gel taht will absorb all vibrations
                      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"