X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frankster72
    • Feb 2008

just heard the diamond signature...

wow!

I got really impressed, and this after weeks of listening to truely high end speakers at vareous dealers.

the mids.... stunning!
    never heard better, more plastical mids

base....another wow, very very well controlled. no problems also with very heavy base tending music material....

mostly also no problems with higher volumens. just nirvava showed up the limits of the design...

I also believe the speakers will do a perfect fit to the pv1 subwoofer. this will create a stunning small surround system.

classé electronic was used, liked it - but I would personally prefer something with more punch.

but! one of the best speakers I've ever heard....
  • Aldo
    • Sep 2005

I agree!
    Most in the forum could not believe but....the should audition them!

Comment

• joetama
      • May 2006

I would like to hear them...

But, no where around me has them...
      -Joe

Comment

• Dave999
        • Mar 2007

Frankster, how would you compare them to the 800D?

Comment

• Aldo
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Dave999
          Frankster, how would you compare them to the 800D?
          Hard to say,
          I have them instaled only a few days and I never had the 800D, just the 802Ds !
          They sound very, very focused with a grand stage and very sweet, they lack obviously the kind of bass I like, but for my destroyed ears every speaker need more bass.

It is amazing how these little speakers can make so coherent sound, being a Nautilus owner it makes me wonder if less drivers are better.
          In theory the perfect but impossible speaker would be only one driver.

I try the Signatures with a Krell 700cxm a Halcro SSP100 and a Classe SACD and I just love them.

I admit that they are a designer speaker and even though almost everyone does not like the look of them, in person they look way better than in pictures and the sound they make is way better than must of us would have though!

Comment

• dmccombs
            • Sep 2006

How would you compare the SQ of these to 802Ds?

Comment

• Aldo
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by dmccombs
              How would you compare the SQ of these to 802Ds?
              I like this forum, :B Please don't put me on that situation where I said which is better!
              That answer is almost impossible and has to do with personal preferences :B

Comment

• Frankster72
                • Feb 2008

well, I personally just heard the 804 of the 800 series yet. all other modells are far to big for my living room.

well, the signatures got base, but I believe they still don't sound like a real big speaker. but I truely believe they would do a very good job with one or two PV1 subwoofers connected at 60Hz or even lower....

anyway, what I liked was the wide soundstage. this also made them sound bigger then they are.

compared to the 804s they have they better plastical meeds. and smoother highs - also with more dynamic for e.g. in percussion sounds.

also I wouldn't combine these speakers with classé electronic. classé tends to soften the highs - thats not necessary

have any of you heard of www.vroemen.de ? this could be a competitor worth the signature.

but overall the sig is one of the best speakers I've ever heard....

Comment

• dmccombs
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Aldo
                  I like this forum, :B Please don't put me on that situation where I said which is better!
                  That answer is almost impossible and has to do with personal preferences :B
                  OK Aldo, let me rephrase the question, so the your reply does not put the Forum into a tizzy. Lets say your job is sending you to another town for a year, putting you up in a house, and providing you with a 2-CH Audio setup. They have given you the choice of 802Ds or the new Signatures. They are paying for the setup so it costs you nothing.

Which would you chose? :rofl:

Comment

• Aldo
                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by dmccombs
                    OK Aldo, let me rephrase the question, so the your reply does not put the Forum into a tizzy. Lets say your job is sending you to another town for a year, putting you up in a house, and providing you with a 2-CH Audio setup. They have given you the choice of 802Ds or the new Signatures. They are paying for the setup so it costs you nothing.

Which would you chose? :rofl:
                    You just don't give up! :B :M :B
                    If I were ask about what car to take with me, the Ferrari F430 or the Porsche Carrera Turbo (Even though they are currently at a Burago Scale). :B
                    I don't know which one I would picked.
                    But to keep you mind calm!
                    Right now I take the 802Ds.
                    They are more for a battle! :T

Comment

• Rod S
                      • Mar 2005

For those interested, and living in the Houston Area, the Westheimer HTS or Modia whatever they call themselves these days, has the Snails and the Signature Diamonds set up in the same room. Didn't get a chance to listen to them, but did end up getting a pair of 804S's........

Comment

• dmccombs
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Aldo
                        You just don't give up! :B :M :B
                        If I were ask about what car to take with me, the Ferrari F430 or the Porsche Carrera Turbo (Even though they are currently at a Burago Scale). :B
                        I don't know which one I would picked.
                        But to keep you mind calm!
                        Right now I take the 802Ds.
                        They are more for a battle! :T
                        Thanks for the feedback Aldo. I appreciate you sticking your neck out here. :lol: Its a good group here. I think you;ll be ok...

I will actually get to hear these in a couple weeks. My local dealer is ordering a pair, and B&W is coming to town and will give a demo.

Thanks,
                        Darrell

Comment

• Minus4
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Rod S
                          For those interested, and living in the Houston Area, the Westheimer HTS or Modia whatever they call themselves these days, has the Snails and the Signature Diamonds set up in the same room. Didn't get a chance to listen to them, but did end up getting a pair of 804S's........
                          Thanks Rod S, I also purchesed a pair of 804S's from Modia today and I'll be heading out that way in the morning to pick them up. :B So I think I'll swing by that store and give them a listen.

Comment

• wettou
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • May 2006

If you want to drive 802D, 801D or 800D you need to audition Electrocompaniet Nemo.

These amps will eat surpass anything except may be Pass Labs

Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"