X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jefferysean
    • Jul 2007

speakers and system for mostly video and gaming

When I was last really looking at speakers several years ago I fell in love with the B&W 703's to replace my old Dalquists. I never bought them and instead used the money to help pay for grad school. Now that I am free, life has changed and music listening has gone down to maybe 10% of my time while TV is 65% and video games is 25% --maybe one day it will be peaceful again. I am looking to put together a good system that can do all of the above... Would 703's still be a good choice or is this just crazy? Thoughts?
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

I think the 703/704 would sound awesome with games mainly because of their ability to localize down to the pin. But before anyone can start answering your questions, is there a budget? If so, what's your budget?
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• jefferysean
      • Jul 2007

Thanks for the reply I am thinking in the range of $10-15K on the audio portion- less is always better. Nothing can be built in since we rent. I have been trying to read as much as I can on the forums. No one seems to talk about gaming. Looking for good sound for music, tv, movies, and games as well as not killing the system with overload from the games

Comment

• jim777
        • Mar 2005

I have 703's since 2yrs and I'm very happy with them. I use them for music, tv and movies, but I'm no gamer. The way the 703's perform with movies, I have no doubt on their capabilities for games. Bass is no problem once they are broke-in.

I would suggest that you get a very good DAC because it seams that you will have various digital sources (CD/DVD, DTV? Game consol, PC?). I got a X-DACv8 for all sources except CD/SACD. The 703's are very reveiling of the audio chain quality so I would only go with them if the electronics are up to par.

To save money, you could give a listen to the new 600 series. I never heard them, I think they are getting good reviews on this forum.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"