X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • azsyno
    • Oct 2005

Feel like I've caved...

Just put a deposit down on a complete 6 speaker set of DM 303's.

I built a new room downstairs and into it will go this system. Going to add a Marantz Receiver to the speakers, but compared to the 703's and Rotels sitting upstairs, I am concerned that I've fallen prey to the realities of my checkbook and will feel disappointed from the beginning.

The room is incredibly small... 9.5 X 13 ft, but still...

Convince me that this is going to be ok, please!?

Btw, I put a 42in Plasma in the room, but still...

Whaddya think?

Thanks!

:roll:
  • Alex999
    • Jun 2006

Everything is going to be just fine big spender
    :-)

Comment

• Alaric
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

Whaddya think?
      I think it is considerably easier to be happy with HT than 2 channel , in most cases. Maybe because the sounds are of shorter duration and the video aspect is distracting , on average. I'm not familiar with your speakers , but I've had good luck with Marantz stuff and I think you should be optimistic until/unless you feel let down after actually hearing it! Good luck! :T
      Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
      Marantz PM-KI Pearl
      Schiit Modi 3
      Marantz CD5005
      Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• RebelMan
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

azsyno, you have come a long way from a year ago, glad to see you still working with kit.

Why the concerns? Is it because you "think" you have a small room? The 303's should be a proportional fit. Other than say the FPM's or the mini's I can't imagine a better match size wise and nothing for the money. You already know that you are not entering into an optimal situation, but this should be at best a secondary concern. You already have a critical listening room for serious applications. Let this room be all about the fun of home cinema. Forget about benchmarks and make the best of what you have. :T
        "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"