X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cruxis
    • Feb 2007

B&W and Primare

Hello, I've just become a happy owner of a pair of B&W 804S's. Unfortunately, they have revealed to me just how inadequate my upstream components are. Went out today and listened to the Primare 130 integrated amp and CD31 player. They sounded great on a pair of Vienna Acoustics speakers. I just wondered if any members on the forum had any experience with the matching of Primare and B&W. Thanks.
  • tboooe
    • Jun 2005

my local dealer almost exclusively pairs primare with bw speakers. when i listened to this pairing it sounded very good. i think like the Vienna Acoustic speakers, bw are a tad warm, so the neutral nature of the primare is a good match.

Comment

• Briz vegas
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Get that gear home and have a listen to them with your 804s and your own CDs.

I was looking for a CD player a while back and auditioned the CD31 with the A32 and my CJ pre-amp and a pair of 804s. Very even sound well controlled sound but I found it a bit....boring.

I preferred the rhythm of the Naim 5x/flatcap.

Basically it is a matter of taste, only you can answer that question !!!
      Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
      Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• mselescu
        • Aug 2006

I use B&W 703 with Primare A30.2(+ valve tube cd player and vacum tube pre-amp).

Sound is detalied, warm, with good stereo imagine and bass is nice.

Comment

• amdan
          • Sep 2006

The combination of the Primare A30.1 and B&W 703s when I had them was very nice. I think the warmth of the Primare matched the B&Ws nicely.

Comment

• Cruxis
            • Feb 2007

Thanks for the replies guys, but I decided to pass on the Primare and instead settled on the Creek Destiny integrated amp and CDP. Had them now for a couple weeks , and I'm very pleased with the decision. What stands out the most to me is the clarity, detail, and overall soundstage. While rated at a mere 100 watts, they must be quality. Hope they sound just as good when I take advantage of my dealers upgrade policy later on this year and move up to the 803D's.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"