X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steelgtr
    • May 2003

N805's & HTM2: Dead above 8K!

I finally got around to running a test CD and I hear tones at 8K but nothing at 10K and above. The specs say:

-6dB at 42Hz and 30kHz
    -3dB at 49Hz and 22kHz

56Hz - 20kHz ±2dB on reference axis

Do I have a problem ???

thx

bob
  • Briz vegas
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

You might want to get a hearing test!

Thats above the crossover at around 4khz so the tweeters are plugged in. If they were not working you would not get the 8khz signal. If they sound fine at 8khz then I'm thinking you either have some major hearing loss or .............well I am at a loss. Old amps can loose some of their top end, but that much would surprise me - and as it sounds like you have a HT setup then the amp ain't that old.

I can hear up to about 16khz and I think that is probably about average for people who live in our modern noisey world, some are better, some are worse. 20khz is supposed to be as good as people hear with young healthy ears.
    Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
    Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• Nov 2005

HI steel,
      I agree. Get a hearing test. Upper frequency loss is common and not normally a problem unless you have 800 series tweeters. The up side is a little hearing loss will make many more tweeters listenable.

Sparky

Comment

• steelgtr
        • May 2003

Update,

My daughter *can* hear all the way to 16K plus on that CD and I can't hear above 10K. My 58 year old ears ain't what they used to be. (Had no idea

I do have 800 series tweeters, N805's, and am not sure what you mean?

Comment

• tboooe
          • Jun 2005

do you have an spl meter? I would use that to verify that the speakers are indeed producing the full frequency range.

Comment

• steelgtr
            • May 2003

Originally posted by tboooe
            do you have an spl meter? I would use that to verify that the speakers are indeed producing the full frequency range.

I do have the RS digital meter.

thx

bob

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"