X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rolex
    • Mar 2005

New B&W CM1

I'm dying to hear from people that have heard/seen this speaker. Is it as small as it seems to be? I'm looking to get rid of my $1000 JM labs monitors and would love to get back to B&W. However, my local dealer didn't even know they were available.

Anyone own a pair of these? Thanks!
  • fordster
    • Feb 2005

I own a pair of these little babies and yes, they really are that small. Check out this thread: http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthr...&highlight=CM1 for more details.

In summary I'm very happy with these speakers.
    Dave

Comment

• steve998
      • Apr 2006

I compared them against my B&W 601S3 speakers. Better bass extension (although i though they were a bit 'loose') from the CM speakers and really good imaging. They look small but are quite deep and the cabinet volume is prob the same as the 601 speakers?

I was impressed by them, but they were not good enough for me to sell my existing speakers.

Comment

• Rolex
        • Mar 2005

Thanks for the responses. Dave, that link helped a lot. It can be difficult at times when talking about B&W. There is always temptation to tell someone to step up to the next line. ie in this case the 700 series.

I've owned the N805, Signature 805, and 805S as well as the CM2 and the 603 and the CDM 1 NT. The CM1 has me interested and that is at exactly the price point this purchase needs to be at. I'll be using audio refinement gear. (integrated and cd player). My room isn't real large, so I'm thinking that with my very sturdy stands the CM1 might fit the bill. I'm a little cautious about the low end though. I've had a ton of different monitors, some had great bass response (like the sig 805 and the Paradigm Studio 20 v3) but I don't know what to expect with the CM1.

Comment

• marvin4653
          • Aug 2006

They're a very interesting little speaker. They definitely are as small as they appear, and they have quite a surprising sound. My dealer made a very good point that a typical small monitor is expected to have a thin sound, so what does B&W do? They make the speaker very dark. The CM1's make the 705's sound downright bright. It was not what I was expecting to hear out of those cabinets, and I think I prefer the 705s to them (I was A/B'ing back and forth between the CM1s and the 705s) but they're definitely worth a listen. Just don't compare them to your 805s if you still have any of them around

Comment

• fordster
            • Feb 2005

The bass response is fast and crisp but, as you'd expect, not that deep. You could always add a subwoof (perhaps a PV1) using speaker level inputs if you felt it was lacking.
            Dave

Comment

• Kent Turb0
              • Jun 2005

Deleted
              Last edited by Kent Turb0; 16 June 2018, 21:03 Saturday.

Comment

• mike c
                • Dec 2005

hey guys just for price reference ...

how much is a 602 over there and how much is a cm1?

Comment

• Kent Turb0
                  • Jun 2005

Deleted

Comment

• Tom Fiorino Jr.
                    • Sep 2006

I Went To A Dealer Yesterday Looking For New Equipment And Was Introduced To B&W Speakers. He Demonstated The Cm1's For Me And I Was Suprised At The Quality Of Sound From Such A Small Speaker. Plenty Of Speaker For A Medium Size Room. I Asked The Salesperson To Add A Subwoofer And It Definitely Added Fullness To The Sound. Not Overpowering Though. The Volume Was Set At A Very Comfortable Listening Level, And You Could Still Have A Conservation. The Music Filled The Room, It Wasn't Being Blasted At You. I'm Thinking Of Going Back And Buying A Pair Today.

Comment

• mike c
                      • Dec 2005

thanks kent. I just got word the cm1's arrived already but no price yet

Comment

• Kent Turb0
                        • Jun 2005

Deleted

Comment

• mike c
                          • Dec 2005

just 2 channels but im in a pretty big hole right now. the wife's jewelry ... honeymoon ...

Comment

• Rolex
                            • Mar 2005

Any word as to whether or not B&W will bring out a floor standing model of the CM1? I know they had, in the past, a CM2 (monitor), CM4 (floorstander), and CM6 (floorstander).

They have since made some major upgrades to the line and brought out the CM1 (new crossover, among other things). Just curious if anyone has heard about a possible floor stander.

Still have not had a chance to hear the CM1's. My dealer says he won't order any till the christmas rush. With the way he treats me, I can wait, that's for sure.

Comment

• Alex999
                              • Jun 2006

Yes, CM7. Check out the link.

http://www.bwspeakers.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/local.news/ObjectID/E9304310-F809-413B-8F02E6E6A93F0CE2

Comment

• Clepto
                                • Feb 2006

Invalid link for me ): Hrm, if i click it it's invalid, but if I copy/Paste it works. Odd.

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"