X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bullitt731
    • Aug 2005

Electronics For 804s

I will be upgrading this fall from Sig 805s to 804s using them for 50% movies and 50% music. I have been running a Rotel 1056 and 1080 set up for HT thus far. Although I have been pretty happy with the Rotel electronics I find myself wanting to to look at other options. Unfortunately it seems that unless you want to spend twice the money of the Rotel gear that Arcam and B&K are the only other alternatives. I would like to stay under 6k for a pre/pro or receiver and a dvd/cd player. I love the B&W sound and need alternatives that work well with this speaker line. Thanks, in advance, Ed
  • GregLett
    • May 2005

Classe is the way to go, I'm not sure about the prices though, but your budget seems ok.
    Greg

Comment

• bullitt731
      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by GregLett
      Classe is the way to go, I'm not sure about the prices though, but your budget seems ok.
      I have looked at Classe but would have to buy it 2nd hand to stay in my budget. I really do not have a problem with this except that unless you get a unit that can be upgraded from HDMI V1.1 which is just coming out now to V1.3 in the future I fear I would be waisting my money.

Comment

• SteinigerGE
        • Aug 2006

If you're looking at Arcam, I can vouch for the AVP 700 being a great processor pairing with the 804S (it's what I was using until up until last weekend) and it will fit into your budget. The CD 192 sounds better for music than the DV 137, but if you want to just buy a single unit, the 137 isn't too bad. Unfortunately, I can't comment on the FMJ series, but I think the AV9 and FMJ disc spinners may be beyond your budget anyway.

Greg

Comment

• alpina
          • Nov 2005

go bryston!

4b's sound magic on 804s

as for pre-pro, i've just ordered an sp2 after months of deliberation

julie
          My setup so far: Pioneer PDP-506HD, Sony DST-HD500, Bryston SP2, Bryston 6B SST, Bryston 4B SST, Pioneer DV-989AViS, CD Player TBC, Belkin PF60, B&W 804s, HTM3S, B&W 705s, B&W ASW750, Logitech Harmony 880

Comment

• Charles
            • Jul 2006

I'm currently running B&K gear now on my 803s's. Very warm and clean sound. The ratings are 200@8 ohms and 375@4 ohms, plenty of power with great punch. Not as dynamic as Krell and quite as refined as Classe, but a great value for the money. I would hold off on the prepro as I hear they are coming out with a new one later this year. My 45 year old ears put it in the same catagory with Bryston.

Comment

• bullitt731
              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by alpina
              go bryston!

4b's sound magic on 804s

as for pre-pro, i've just ordered an sp2 after months of deliberation

julie

Julie
              The new SP2 looks very interesting along with the new 875HT which would be bridgeable to 250 x3 and 75 x2 in a 5 channel set up. Please let us know how you like your SP2.
              Thanks, Ed

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"