X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spookyslow
    • Oct 2004

In Wall B&W Recomendations?

It's been a while since I've hung out here, so forgive me if this has already been discussed.

Recently rain has destroyed my basement. While facing the problem of rebuilding, I started thinking I could save a bit of space by installing in-walls. I'm currently running 604S2's in the front that will soon be replaced with 805's. Right now being driven by a 1075 (soon to be a 1095). So my question is: can anyone offer a solid recomendation for B&W in walls?

Thanks much.
  • Audiophiliac
    • Apr 2006

I LOVE B&W in-walls. I think if I were to do an in-wall performance theater setup, I would choose 3 CWM-8180 in the front a 2 pairs of CWM DS8 for surround/EX duty. The LCR7/LCR8 are also really nice. Do a couple in-wall subs and you would have a killer stealth install that sounded top-notch.

Less expensive options are the CWM500/650/800.

And at last, the Signature 8NT are the best in-walls I have heard yet. With the backboxes, they are basically an 804 in the wall and sound like it.

You cant go wrong with any of them really. The nice thing is that you can always go bigger and better without much work to change things around in the future.

Comment

• Spookyslow
      • Oct 2004

Thanks for info. That would make a killer room....it might be a little too rich for me though....I doubt I could get my wife to 'ok' the price tag on all of that! Besides, what would I dream about upgrading to?

After doing some digging around, I'm thinking the Signature 7NT's might fit the bill with CWM 650's as surround. I've also got a Sunfire Signature sub that will get hidden somewhere (I haven't quite decided that yet).

Any more experience out there? Also, what do a set of 7NT's cost?

I was able to listen to the 650's but can't find any in wall Sig's to listen to....so any help/advice would be appreciated.

Comment

• DavidB
        • Jan 2006

I'm having a system finally installed this week with the CWM DS8's as surrounds for my main system (802D's and HTM2D) with Sunfire True Subwoofer Eq Signature Sub. I'm also having Signature 7NT's put in my dining room.

The in-walls and the HTM2D are being driven by a Bryston 9BSST.

Comment

• DerK_THe_JerK
          • Apr 2007

N8T B&W IN WALL SPEAKERS

I have three of the n8t's but sadly :cry: I have no place to put them now after moving. great speakers though. :T I need to find floor standing speakers to replace the in walls I have.

Comment

• linuxtx
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by DerK_THe_JerK
            I have three of the n8t's but sadly :cry: I have no place to put them now after moving. great speakers though. :T I need to find floor standing speakers to replace the in walls I have.
            I wonder what kind of results you might get from building a box for those in-walls. It wouldn't take too much modeling to figure out the optimal enclosure for them.

Comment

• Dave999
              • Mar 2007

I am getting the signature 8nts, for side speakers, but have not heard them. I am just relying on the dealer. For those who have heard them, what do you think? Thanks.

Comment

• DerK_THe_JerK
                • Apr 2007

From what I understand the drivers are designed in such a way that the back boxes (or wall) is not critical to how they perform. I could build boxes, but the problem is I would rather from purely esthetics have floor standing speakers since none of my wall will work. So selling them is most likely what I will do.

Comment

• linuxtx
                  • Apr 2007

Right, I meant build boxes as in turn those in walls into floorstanders, so boxes with a nice shape, good quality real wood veneer and finish. It would be a decent amount of work, but I wonder what the results could sound like...

Comment

• DerK_THe_JerK
                    • Apr 2007

Yeah, might be well worth the work. What are you running for HT set up? Two channel?

Comment

• DavidB
                      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by DerK_THe_JerK
                      From what I understand the drivers are designed in such a way that the back boxes (or wall) is not critical to how they perform. I could build boxes, but the problem is I would rather from purely esthetics have floor standing speakers since none of my wall will work. So selling them is most likely what I will do.
                      I'm not so sure about this. The back boxes for the CWM DS8's were huge and and extended quite some way above and below the speaker itself. I would say they were perhaps 150cm (4ft) high but only marginally wider than the speaker itself. The back boxes for the Signature 7NT's were much more uniform reflecting the shape of the speaker itself and maybe only 6 to 8 inches bigger all reound than the speaker.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"