X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BTB
    • Jan 2006

B&W with Naim amps

Hi All

I've been considering this for a while now (Naim amps with B&W's... clearly I can't be the only one?) and I thought I'd ask for any type of feedback from anyone who uses Naim electronics with their B&W speakers. Mine are 704's... any suggestions as to a Naim set up suitable to get these floorstanders humming?
  • DavidB
    • Jan 2006

I can't help you with specifics but I did demo the NAP 300 when I was looking for an Amp for my 802D's. I thought they worked very well together but didn't go with the Naim as I have a MEridian G68 AV Processor/Pre Amp which didn't work well with the Naim. If you do go the Naim route Naim actually tweak their Amp's specifiacally to work with B&W speakers. If you are looking at Home Theatre I think yo can do much better than the Naim AV processor which may mean the naim Amp isn't the right way to go.

If you check www.naim-audio.com there is a forum on there with plenty of info on Naim and B&W compatability and someone will be able to tell you what works well with the 704's

Comment

• GregLett
      • May 2005

BTB are you in the NY area?
      Greg

Comment

• BTB
        • Jan 2006

No, unfortunately I'm not. I live in Cape Town, South Africa. Why do you ask?

Comment

• GregLett
          • May 2005

There is a dealer in the NY area that uses Naim with B&W.
          It's a good match, I purchased my XT4's there.
          Greg

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"