X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tmt
    • Jan 2005

room temperature

I just moved in with my girlfriend last weekend. This is temporary until my HT-room...errr I mean house is built (it's still in the planning stages, it could take 3 years)
    Unfortunately her house is not that big. The only place where I can put my 802s is in the bedroom.
    The bedroom temperature this time of year is around 11 degrees celcius (that's 52 fahrenheit) to 16c (60f). I don't know how warm it gets in the summer, I think around 20c (68f).

Can those low temperatures be damaging for the speakers? Will they wear out more quickly?
    Is the most important thing to avoid quick changes in room temperature?

Another concern: there isn't even room for my HTM-1. I'm thinking about putting it in it's box for now :cry: . Let's presume it will stay for 3 years in it's box, will that affect the speaker? I'm most concerned about the rubber-like fittings around the speaker cones. Maybe it's best that it's played from time to time?

I plan to keep these very expensive speakers for a loooong time, so I want only the best for my babies
  • chinets
    • Jun 2005

Tmt,
    Cold temperature is best for speakers as hot or humid temperatures destroy the rubber-like fittings around speaker cones and drivers etc.. B&W recommends AC on all the time in HOT temp. zones. If you keep your house at a constant 22-25 Centigrade you should be able to keep them forever.
    Do not store your HTM1 in a box as it must be used ,even if you keep it in perfect climatized areas. If you don't use it you will loose it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Speakers ware out if they are not in use, especially the inside mechanisms because the material will get all stiff etc and with the first use could put a lot of stress on that speaker because of drivers,coils etc.. Just like a car if you don't use it things go wrong ..Right!!!
    Either you take care of your equipment or the Girlfriend!! At least you have 2 good choices..Just Kidding.!!
    Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Nov 2005

HI,
      FYI, the rubberlike fitting around the cone is called the surround, or sometimes, the suspension. I knew you could not live for another day without knowing this info. 8)

Sparky

Comment

• jim777
        • Mar 2005

I can borrow your HTM1 for 3 years and keep it cool and running (playing)

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"