X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChrisssB
    • Feb 2006

Operating Temperatures

Using the sensors of my cp-500, I noticed that up until now, its temperature was around 30 oC to 32 oC .
    The last few days I noticed that the temperature is 35 oC when I turn it on, and it goes up to 38 oC after some use. The same thing goes with ca-2200: higher operating temperatures, feels warmer to the touch for about the same time of use, than it used to.
    The sound is waaaay better now.
    Since there is no mention about operating temperatures in cp-500 manual, I thought I should ask to get some info.
    Do you think that these readings (35 to 38oC) on cp-500 are okay or should I do something to keep it lower (fans?) Should they go up even more?
    What are the readings on your pres when you turn it on and also say after about 1 or 2 hours of use?
  • Birdy
    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by ChrisssB
    Using the sensors of my cp-500, I noticed that up until now, its temperature was around 30 oC to 32 oC .
    The last few days I noticed that the temperature is 35 oC when I turn it on, and it goes up to 38 oC after some use. The same thing goes with ca-2200: higher operating temperatures, feels warmer to the touch for about the same time of use, than it used to.
    The sound is waaaay better now.
    Since there is no mention about operating temperatures in cp-500 manual, I thought I should ask to get some info.
    Do you think that these readings (35 to 38oC) on cp-500 are okay or should I do something to keep it lower (fans?) Should they go up even more?
    What are the readings on your pres when you turn it on and also say after about 1 or 2 hours of use?
    I have the CP700.

When I turn it on from standby, temperature is +/- 36° which is rather strange for a living room around 20°.
    When I leave it on all night, morning temperature is is 38-40.
    In use ( after 1 hour) it goes till 42-44.

Birdy

Comment

• ChrisssB
      • Feb 2006

Thanx for the response Birdy :-)

It looks that everything's fine.
      By the way did you notice a red light coming out of the ventilation ports on top of both pre & amp when they are on standby? I think that's something to do with keeping the temperature high enough, so they are always ready when they are being turned on!

Comment

• Birdy
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by ChrisssB
        Thanx for the response Birdy :-)

It looks that everything's fine.
        By the way did you notice a red light coming out of the ventilation ports on top of both pre & amp when they are on standby? I think that's something to do with keeping the temperature high enough, so they are always ready when they are being turned on!
        Absolutely, 1 or more ( don't remember) red leds are on when the units are in standby.

Enjoy your beautifull equipment.

Birdy

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"