X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brvsgrl
    • Aug 2005

804 prices?

I was wondering how much of a discount people got on their B&W speakers in southern California. I just bought some 804's at 10% off and thought intially that I got an ok deal. But I found that some of the prices that the dealer quoted me for some turntables were above the MSRP. Now I am wondering if the price I bought the speakers at were good or not. Hopefully, they will sound so good I won't care so much about the price. lol
    Last edited by brvsgrl; 15 August 2005, 05:39 Monday.
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

I recenly bought my N804 for $1400 each - a 20% discount from retail.

Comment

• tboooe
      • Jun 2005

you are always going to find a better deal. I say try your best to get a good deal and be happy with what you end up buying them for. hind sight is 20/20.

Comment

• junior77blue
        • Nov 2004

I would say 15% ±5% is the norm on B&W speakers.

Comment

• Parsonsk
          • Nov 2004

What about the 804's Here in Canada? what about Alberta?
          What PRICE have people paid...

tboooe, are you a retailer? It seem like when people start talking about discounts that you're the first one in saying that we should be happy that we have the speakers at all, almost like we should be ashamed that we're trying to get the speakers as cheap as we can???
          You can't tell me that you would rather pay retail and not haggle vs. haggling a bit and saving some money...... :??

Comment

• tboooe
            • Jun 2005

parsonsk: I am not a retailer and actually I dont remember making a post on this topic before. I think this would be my first post on the subject. If I ever conveyed the strange message you mentioned then I apologize. It was not my intent.

If you do read my last post I said we should try our best to get the best deal. So I am actually supporting the idea of haggling and shopping around. Heck, I buy almost all of my gear from Audiogon and I am never ashamed to ask if a seller will take less. All I am saying is if we do try our best to get a good price and we make a purchase, then we should be satisfied that we got a good deal. Otherwise, continue to shop around until you are satisfied. Hind sight is 20/20 and there will always be a better deal. I am just a big fan of not having regrets so I dont put myself in that position. If I see that my speakers are cheaper a week later, I dont kick myself because I know at the time, I tried my best to find the best deal. Perhaps I should not have tried to communicate my own personal philosophies on this board. If people want to have regret and continually second guess their decisions then more power to them. Its just not how I choose to live my life.
            Last edited by tboooe; 17 August 2005, 21:51 Wednesday.

Comment

• RebelMan
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by tboooe
              Perhaps I should not have tried to communicate my own personal philosophies on this board. If people want to have regret and continually second guess their decisions then more power to them. Its just not how I choose to live my life.
              I believe we can all learn something from people that share their personal experiences (or philosophies). What would be the point of this board without them? Keep it up tboooe! :T
              "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• xk8boy
                • Jul 2005

tboooe, I absolutely follow your philosophy. You'll be a fool if you dont ask for discounts - if you dont ask you wont get. But I'm not going to search endlessly for the best discount. Time for me is more important. I will still look around, more so to find a friendly, knowledgeble and honest dealer. His/Her experience and advice is going to worth more than does extra few percentages. You''ll be surprised what a good dealer relationship gets you. Can't remember the number times my dealer has brought those little extras, only to throw them in free.

It works both ways, he keeps me happy and I buy more stuffs from him, and when I return to buy more stuffs that keeps him happy.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"