X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Race Car Driver
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Aragon 4004mkII or 8008BB on N802s?

Has anyone heard, or used the 4004mkII or 8008BB on N802s?
    Im looking at buying one from out of state used, and yes, I would rather have the 8008, but dont know if I can afford the $600 price difference in the two to justify it. I have a used Sunfire Theater Grand II i will be using for a processor, but as a dedicated 2 ch.
    Any comments or opinions?
    Thanks.
    B&W
  • Fife
    • Apr 2004

If you can afford the N802's, you should spend good money powering them.

If you cant afford to, you might as well use 804/805's.

Not to offend you but just my thoughts.

Comment

• Race Car Driver
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

I cant afford 802s, i came across them for a VERY good deal.
      I guess the 4004mkII seems to be the choice, from what im finding its underrated, and a decent amp. And I really cant find an amp bigger then the 200-250 watt range without blowing several thousand dollars that I dont have.
      Using different speakers is not an option, as I already have the N802's.
      B&W

Comment

• aphexist
        • Jan 2004

I will trade my pair of 804s + a 300wpc high current 3 channel amp (Earthquake Cinenova) for your pair of 802s. The 804s will sound better in your bedroom and will complement your system further down the line.

Think about it.

Comment

• Race Car Driver
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Sorry, im going to keep these, they will eventually go in my Living room after I re-carpet and re-sheetrock the walls. Thanks for the offer though.
          B&W

Comment

• DanR
            • Dec 2004

You won't be disappointed with the 4004MkII. Patience is a virtue. You have speakers to design a system around, just add pieces as you can afford them and upgrade when possible until you have your desired setup. Although if it is only $600 difference, I would try to get a loan from family or friend because the difference is substantial with the 8008.
            :B It's all about the MUSIC!!!

Comment

• Ricky
              • Aug 2000

Recently, 4004mkIIs have been going for 600-700 and the 8008bb 900-1100. So the difference is closer to 300-400 than 600. I'd say wait for the right price on an 8008bb (under 1k).

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"