X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stuofsci02
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Salmna
    Thanks for your post . I already have contacted B&W UK & USA and according to them no parts are avaialble for this model. I did ask the lady in UK to see if there is any replacment available but she did not say much on that, may be I should ask them again.
    Perhaps, I will wait till some one decides to dismantle their half dead speakers and offer the working parts for sale!
    I am in Brampton, btw.
    Thanks again!
    The orginal parts are definately not available, but there must be a current driver that will work..

BTW I am in Port Perry.. Only about an hour away from you.. Would love to hear those bad boys some time..
    Main System:
    B&W 801D
    Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
    Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
    Oppo BDP-105
    Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
    B&W CM7
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva UPA-2
    Oppo BDP-83SE
    Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• Salmna
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by stuofsci02
      The orginal parts are definately not available, but there must be a current driver that will work..

BTW I am in Port Perry.. Only about an hour away from you.. Would love to hear those bad boys some time..
      Thanks sure, I am trying hard to find a solution!
      Will keep you posted!

Comment

• tyreman
        • Dec 2009

The DM3000's were a terrific speaker
        I a/b'ed them against the DM2000's when I made my purchase many years ago.
        Settled on the DM2000's(another great speaker) and used them for for many years. '86 till couple years ago.
        Had m-400 t Carvers in mono on each channel. at that time
        The '2000's were the younger brother.

Comment

• browns1
          • Jul 2006

I picked up a pair of second hand DM2000's about 8-9 years ago. One of the drivers had stopped working and the previous owner didnt want to deal with it. I removed it and took it to my B&W dealer. They sent it to B&W (Buffalo NY?) and I had it back in about 4-6 weeks. They repaired it for about $50.00.
          They still work great. Good luck on your mission.

Comment

• rise888
            • Jan 2011

Thought I'd share a pic of the DM3000s in my home. They've been in my family for awhile and I'm barely older than they are. I remember growing up around these!

Comment

• Staci
              • Jun 2011

Wow...what a gorgeous picture, they really add to the room!

I just picked up a pair of these myself yesterday and bought them because they were in amazing condition. I literally do not have the room to keep them, so if anyone is interested PM me an offer. I will post in the classifieds section as well.

Comment

• Staci
                • Jun 2011

DM-3000 Pics

Just thought I'd post a few pics since I had a hard time finding some while researching
                Attached Files

Comment

• heycarlos
                  • Jun 2011

My first real speakers

Like many of us such a soft spot in my heart for these beasts. I think they were almost 80lbs each.

The DM3000 were the anchors of my very first audio system that I cobbled together in 1990 at the tender age of 21. I had been drooling over audio equipment for a few years spending too much time at places like Hudson's Audio in Albuquerque, NM where I lived.

I found my DM3000s in a pawn shop and bought them for $500 which at the time seemed like a princely sum. Best student loan money ever spent

My DM3000s I think were of the rarer type in that they did not have the glass tops but the plastic ones. I did have one of the tweeter's fail on me once and with forged receipt in hand Hudson's replaced the driver at no cost. God bless those guys I hope they are still in business I would gladly buy from them as they were so cool to me.

I used to show off my DM3000s by putting on a track call "Ted Just Admit It" from Janes Addiction that started off with this wickedly loud drum kit followed by bass guitar. So awesome and not something I've heard duplicated by many speakers since.

I drove them with a large Denon integrated amp. I knew they weren't at their full potential and yearned to buy a beefier Adcom or something similar someday but alas the whole system was stolen from my apartment in 1992 never to be seen again. I still miss those damned things and they are still my reference benchmark for great speakers.

Comment

• heycarlos
                    • Jun 2011

where did you find your DM3000?

Comment

• heycarlos
                      • Jun 2011

wow

Originally posted by Staci
                      Wow...what a gorgeous picture, they really add to the room!

I just picked up a pair of these myself yesterday and bought them because they were in amazing condition. I literally do not have the room to keep them, so if anyone is interested PM me an offer. I will post in the classifieds section as well.
                      where did you find your DM3000?

Comment

• Staci
                        • Jun 2011

heycarlos, thanks for the nice long post! I was excited to see a reply and your story was an interesting read

I got mine at an estate sale, paid quite a bit but got some very nice audio equipment I've since fallen in love with. I purchased these with a Tandberg TPT 3011A Programable Tuner, Tandberg TIA 3012 Integrated Amplifier (mounted together into a cherry? wood case, beautiful!), and a Bang & Olufsen Beogram TX2 Linear Tracking Turntable.

The person was the original owner, and the system was sold all together to him by a company called "Audio Consultants" new for over $4000. I have every manual for the equipment and the B&Ws, every inspection sheet, safety instructions, warranty cards, even tools (for the Tandberg equip) and coupling spikes for the B&Ws.

I got everything hooked up this week and was blown away at the sound these speakers produce...everything works perfectly, and so so so clear! The only thing I can find fault with is the glass on the tops has some air pockets or something, maybe where glue under the glass has come unstuck?

I'll take a photo of everything set up and post it sometime this week 8)

Comment

• Staci
                          • Jun 2011

Apparently this isn't a very active thread! :P

Comment

• rise888
                            • Jan 2011

Awesome pictures Staci! Can't wait to see the set up pics

Comment

• Staci
                              • Jun 2011

Here they are...a little hard to get far enough back to see everything with the sofa in the way so I took them from the sides
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Staci
                                • Jun 2011

Well, I put them up for sale on Ebay unfortunately I not only don't have room for them, but I also can't afford to have spent as much as I did and not pass them on and get my investment back right now.

I'm going to miss them so much, it makes me a little sick to think about having to pack them up and send them away! I've had some nice Sansui's, Realistic, KLH etc speakers, and I'll never be able to go back now. These truly are miles and miles ahead of anything like that, and so beautiful too.

If anyone is interested in the speakers, I'll be packaging in separate boxes with multiple layers of medium-stuff styrofoam boards over bubblewrap...basically will make it as close to the factory boxes as possible so they ship safely and arrive with no corners crushed. Send me a PM and I'll email back quickly.

So...does anyone like Magnepans? They're more in my "keeper" price range and much more shallow for room space :

Comment

• FrederikMoeller
                                  • Jul 2012

Hi!
                                  A couple of years ago I was given a pair of DM3000s by my dad, who bought them back in the 80s. He was very sentimental. I can almost image the memories....

However my DM3000 are black and have definately not been sprayed or painted. I have attached a (bad quality) photo.

Best wishes,
                                  Frederik
                                  [IMG]Computer\Apple iPhone\Internal Storage\DCIM\965YOKDJ[/IMG]

Comment

• DM3000 Owner
                                    • Jun 2006

Wow, this thread is still alive. Sorry to see so many people joining, talking up the speakers then trying to sell the next day. A little transparent. (Not you Fred).

Comment

• DM3000 Owner
                                      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by FrederikMoeller
                                      Hi!
                                      A couple of years ago I was given a pair of DM3000s by my dad, who bought them back in the 80s. He was very sentimental. I can almost image the memories....

However my DM3000 are black and have definately not been sprayed or painted. I have attached a (bad quality) photo.

Best wishes,
                                      Frederik
                                      [IMG]Computer\Apple iPhone\Internal Storage\DCIM\965YOKDJ[/IMG]
                                      I think that they were available in black. Please post a picture. I have some beautiful ebony zebrawood veneer. I may redo these.

Comment

• jeepers
                                        • Mar 2010

They were available in several veneers.

I bought a pair in walnut in 1983, my third set of speakers but my first decent set of speakers and really expensive for a person in his early 20's. They were powered by a Yamaha A1000. I replaced them by the 700 series in 2005, replaced those by the old 800 series in 2008 and by the new 800 series in 2011.

Comment

• tyreman
                                          • Dec 2009

Non OEM grille pegs, 8 pack available fit 2000 & 3000
                                          right size and configuration on ebay.ca
                                          fit perfect
                                          Last edited by tyreman; 05 April 2022, 06:29 Tuesday. Reason: update

Comment

• Lafaut
                                            • Apr 2023

I'm looking for two grills for these puppies.
                                            (back in the day when i bought them i didn't need them...now with a child on the way...i think it could be beneficial.)

i'm looking around for some months but without succes. Anyone who has an idea where i could find it?

Kind regards.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	142
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	932640

Comment

• Steve Manning
                                              • Dec 2006

Looks like that wouldn't be too hard to make a new set.
                                              Hold on to your butts - It's about to get Musical!

Comment

• tyreman
                                                • Dec 2009

if you are lucky ebay but you see them rarely unless you make up and weld rod

Comment

Working...
                                                😀
                                                😂
                                                🥰
                                                😘
                                                🤢
                                                😎
                                                😞
                                                😡
                                                👍
                                                👎
                                                Searching...Please wait.
                                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                Search Result for "|||"