X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michel1873
    • Jan 2019

B&W DM3000, a hidden gem ?

Hello,
    I am new on this forum, but I am a B&W collector for a long time. I found a pair of DM3000, a model that I didn't know. One tweeter and one mid-bass are not well, I will have them repaired. Despite these, the sound is great, it reminds me old 801 and 802's. I looked at the diagram, and was wondering if this could be simplified, e.g. removing the Time Delay which is complex, and perhaps replaced certain caps. Does anyone have experience with these speakers and xover mods ? What would be a good amp for these ? A rotel or NAD power amp ? Are the DM3000 a hidden gem ?
    Many thanks.
    Michel
  • tyreman
    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by michel1873
    Hello,
    I am new on this forum, but I am a B&W collector for a long time. I found a pair of DM3000, a model that I didn't know. One tweeter and one mid-bass are not well, I will have them repaired. Despite these, the sound is great, it reminds me old 801 and 802's. I looked at the diagram, and was wondering if this could be simplified, e.g. removing the Time Delay which is complex, and perhaps replaced certain caps. Does anyone have experience with these speakers and xover mods ? What would be a good amp for these ? A rotel or NAD power amp ? Are the DM3000 a hidden gem ?
    Many thanks.
    Michel
    I had a pair of those and found the crossover assembly like the DM 2000(I had that to for many years a VERY good speaker) slides out of the bottom on a "drawer" like arrangement
    Tested out the crossover and found no issues period and as you know they are mid to later 80's
    I wouldn't touch a thing other than fix drivers ............. they r classics and great sound

Comment

• bougti
      • Jan 2019

We contracted a businessman and a businessman and a businessman with a purchase from 150 €. you did not take too much risk I think

emi calculator gst login
      Last edited by bougti; 07 September 2019, 08:04 Saturday.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"