X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Herbonbay
    • Jan 2005

normal impedance

A quick question regarding impedance. The specs for the 804s list the Normal Impedance as 8ohms (minimum 3). My Pioneer Elite VSX-56TXi claims a continuous output of 110w per channel at 8ohms. The 56TXi can also be set to either output at 6 or 8 ohms. The Pioneer manual doesn't go into any detail in regards to this setting. It simply states that if you are using speakers w/ an impedance of less than 8 ohms set the receiver to 6 ohms. I've been set at 8, but since the 804 specs claim a minimum of 3, today I switched the receiver to 6 to see if there was a noticeable difference. After switching back and forth several times I find a little more seperation and clarity at the 6 ohm setting. I assume that the receiver is producing more wattage at 6 ohms, but beyond that it's all metaphysics. Any enlightenment would be welcome. IS there a reason that I shouldn't run the receiver at 6 ? Or in the world of give and take, what am I giving up at 6?

Regards Herb
    Last edited by Herbonbay; 22 January 2005, 15:11 Saturday.
    Herb
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"