X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stuofsci02
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2009

Prof,

Upload your photos to photobucket.com and then link them here using the supplied img tags.

Cheers,

Stuart
    Main System:
    B&W 801D
    Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
    Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
    Oppo BDP-105
    Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
    B&W CM7
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva UPA-2
    Oppo BDP-83SE
    Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by JCLH
      Krtko: that is a great setup! I love the collors, the floor in combination with the speakers and the furniture. That Denon is a beauty and will run even more smooth with a power amp. But the best (and perhaps cheapest) upgrade for you would be: buy a new piece of furniture to put you TV on. The left speaker is to close to the wall, limiting its output. If it had space to breath, it will improve audio quality a lot I think.

I agree. The left speaker is WAY too close the both the back and side walls. At least bring it out into the room a little more. That will make a huge difference to your sound. The Center channel speaker is too high as well. I would find a way to bring it down. Better to find a way to put it under the TV rather than way over it like that.
      Nice equipment !!! :T
      Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Rod#S
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Prof
        Here is my first post, in any forum, ever.

I just bought my system which was ordered in December 2010 and arrived in March 2011. They had problems getting the 800Ds.

My system:
        Olive 4HD music servier (controlled by my Ipad from armchair )
        PS audio DAC (better than the Olive'd DAC by far)
        Electrocompaniet 4.8 pre-amp (4.7 on loan until it arrives)
        Electrocompaniet 600W monoblocks
        B&W 800Ds
        Transparent interconnects
        Transparent ultra speaker cable (on loan until biwires arrive).
        Also waiting for PS audio P10 power conditioner

We have 3 phase power and system is plugged straight into the street
        Transparent power cords for all components.
        My room is huge with a roof that slopes up away from the speakers like an ampitheatre.

Trying to attach pics but I don't think I'm allowed to post attachments being a new member. A shame given the name of the thread! Oh well.

My system sounds incredible. I heard krell monoblocks with Focal utopias but IMHO I liked my system better (just as well as it was a lot cheaper). That is what sealed the decision for me (hearing a more expensive system that I didn't like as much).

The soundstage was slightly better in the demo room, but I haven't experimented with speaker position yet (a bit hard given the weight and the very serious spikes in the floor). Also haven't biwired the speakers yet. I am hoping this will improve what already sounds amazing to me.

Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated. My room has a lot of windows and I was worried about that but it doesn't seem to matter unless you turn it up to stupid levels.
        Congrats on getting your system together, hopefully you can get some pictures posted, I followed the photobucket suggestion as well and it worked fine for me.

I'm not sure how much of an improvement you will get by bi-wiring so it will be interesting to hear your comments once you get the cables. You mention Transparent speaker cables, a suggestion to consider especially if those are the uber expensive Transparents you are getting is to stick with single run cables and bi-amp rather than bi-wire. This of course comes down to how much it costs to get 2 additional amps plus 2 additional cables vs the cost of the bi-wired cables. Given the price of your amps, are they Nemo's (very expensive I see), it's probably much cheaper to just bi-wire like you planned. If you don't hear a noticeable improvement when you get your bi-wires will your dealer allow you to return them? Then again if Transparent doesn't charge much of a premium for bi-wire then it's not such a big deal, I just would hate to see you spend money and not get of out of them what you may be expecting.

Just my thoughts and your system of course is amazing enough all ready :T

If home theater wasn't my priority I would definitely have a pair of 800s.

Rod
        B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• htsteve
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

Prof,

Welcome to the forum!

Excellent system. I can understand your reaction. That is a very impressive set of gear.

Enjoy!

Comment

• Prof
            • Apr 2011

Some pictures now...

New speaker cables, 4.8 pre-amp and PS Audio 10 at least 4 weeks away.

The bottom quadraspire rack houses an old onkyo amp which powers all the house speakers inside and out (6 pairs) from the speaker wires poking out of the wall - I bought the house like that. Don't know what to replace it with (if anything, but it doesn't look right). I do like listening to music whilst outside and in the gym so I want to keep that functionality. Can still control it from anywhere using Ipad. The bottom rack will eventually hold the P10.

Now just to spray paint the olive black!!! Maybe I will replace it with the PS audio equivalent. Anyone looking for an olive...

Comment

• mrciave
              • Apr 2010

Congratulations!!!

The room almost seems designed on purpose for perfectly simmetrical 2ch listening (even though I guess having glass behind the 800Di might be problematic).

Plus, open windows, turn the beasts 180deg, and party in the garden :W !
              2ch Setup: Esoteric SA-50, Linn Sondek LP-12 with Lingo and Ittok, Benz Ace SL, Gryphon Diablo, B&W 802D, Kubala-Sosna Emotion XLR and Speaker, Purist Audio Dominus power cords with Oyaide C/P-004/046, Finite-Elemente Pagode Master Reference, Cerapuc, Cerabase, Bybees

Home Theater Setup: Panasonic P50VT50T Plasma, Oppo BDP-95 BD Player with digital optical to Esoteric

Comment

• Rod#S
                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Prof
                New speaker cables, 4.8 pre-amp and PS Audio 10 at least 4 weeks away.

The bottom quadraspire rack houses an old onkyo amp which powers all the house speakers inside and out (6 pairs) from the speaker wires poking out of the wall - I bought the house like that. Don't know what to replace it with (if anything, but it doesn't look right). I do like listening to music whilst outside and in the gym so I want to keep that functionality. Can still control it from anywhere using Ipad. The bottom rack will eventually hold the P10.

Now just to spray paint the olive black!!! Maybe I will replace it with the PS audio equivalent. Anyone looking for an olive...
                Very, very nice setup, something to be proud of :T
                B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• madmac
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2010

Beautiful !! Must sound AMAZING !!. Very nice listening room too. I'm VERY jealous!!
                  Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Armbender
                    • Jul 2005

Awesome set-up Prof! Congrats...must be proud
                    Samsung UN60C6300 | Primare SP32 | Primare A30.7 | Oppo BDP-103 | PS Audio Quintet | AppleTV | ELAC 247 Black Edition | ELAC CC 241 Black Edition | B&W DM 600 S3 | SVS PC 13 Ultra | Straight Wire Virtuoso | Harmonic Technology Pro 9's | Black Sands Power Cords

Comment

• Freddie40
                      • Jun 2009

Prof,

You system looks wonderful. I wish I had a bigger room like you

Dave
                      Crystal Clear Music Tweaked Mac Mini / Yosemite -> JRiver 20 -> Ayre QB9DSD -> Bryston BP26DA -> Bryston 4BSST2 -> B&W 802Di | Transparent Reference XLRs, Transparent Super Speaker Cable, Maple Shade USB cable, Crystal Clear Music Power Cords

Comment

• Grasynoll
                        • Mar 2006

Bravo

Comment

• artv4
                          • Jun 2007

Powering my B&W 805's and B&W HTM-2

Anthem MRX-500
                          Anthem MCA-30
                          Attached Files
                          GO Revel!!!!! (powered by ;x( Anthem)

Comment

• FredfishBelgium
                            • Jun 2010

Délectez-vous.

Je viens de passer une journée inoubliable en compagnie de toute l'équipe de chez Alpha afin de déballer et d'installer les fameuses Nautilus de chez Bowers & Wilkins. Moment hyper excitant pour moi, car ce n'est pas tous les jours que je peux participer à ce type d'événement autour de ces enceintes cultes.

Un peu sur les genoux suite au déballage j'ai quand même pris le temps de photographier et de traiter l'ensemble des photos prises ce jour. Décorticage en images de ces superbes enceintes...

Caisses d'un certain format qu'il faudra impérativement déplacer au minimum à 3 personnes...

À droite se trouve Samy. À sa gauche le plus ancien livreur d'enceintes B&W sur la Belgique. Monsieur Muylaert William va, incessamment sous peu, prendre sa retraite. Nous avons voulu immortaliser une de ses dernières belles livraisons...

Cette boite renferme les deux socles de marbre servant de base aux "coquillages"...

La tension monte et une certaine impatience nous guette...

Ouch ! Cette teinte vient du catalogue Porsche...

L'armada. Pas moins de 4 blocs stéréo Classé Audio CA-2300 seront nécessaires afin d'alimenter ces Nautilus, soit 8 fois 300 watts...

À partir d'ici tous commentaires semblent superflus, les images parlent d'elles-mêmes...

Je vous souhaite une excellente soirée.

Frédéric Boebaert. :wink:
                            Last edited by FredfishBelgium; 07 May 2011, 09:06 Saturday.

Comment

• HedgeHog
                              • Dec 2008

MON DIEU!!$@% C'est incroyable. ;x(
                              Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD / Oppo BDP-105 / Apple TV G2 / QNAP Turbo NAS TS-210
                              Classe Audio SSP-800 / Classe Audio CA-M400 (x2) + CA-5200
                              B&W 802D2 / B&W HTM2D2 / B&W CCM-818 / JL Audio Fathom 113
                              Richard Gray Substation 240V + 1200 Custom / ESD Cable Isolators Mk II.
                              Clear Day Double Shotgun Spkr Cable / White Zombie Audio ZeroPointZero Silver XLR / LessLoss DFPC Original

Comment

• Skyblue
                                • Jun 2009

Very nice!
                                B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• style
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Feb 2006

it's already present a SSP800 in the Classe "armada"!!!

and the player is a cdp202?

style

Comment

• wettou
                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                    • May 2006

Originally posted by FredfishBelgium

Je vous souhaite une excellente soirée.

Frédéric. :wink:
                                    MERCI when I am rich I will get me one of those in the mean time I will dream

How do they sound?
                                    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Skyblue
                                      • Jun 2009

They are truly a piece of art!

Does anyone know if they update the parts once in a while? Or is it the same old design?
                                      B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• Rod#S
                                        • Oct 2010

WOW! An actual Nautilus owner, very cool. That's an incredible setup.

Comment

• JCLH
                                          • Mar 2011

My god! What a setup! Are the painings (real) Picasso's? Would be nice to listen to Paul Mccartney and the Wings (Band on the run) with a glass of wine, that album has a song called "Picasso's last words (drink to me). Could you post come comments on the sound of the speakers/the speakers classé combi?

Comment

• dukester
                                            • Sep 2010

...so sick. Incredible presence; visually as well as sonically, i'm sure. Nice.
                                            McIntosh C2300/MC302, NAD T785, Oppo 83se & 105, Squeezebox Touch, AppleTV, B&W 803Di/HTM2Di/M1, REL G1, Sony XBR9, PS3

Comment

• jeepers
                                              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Rod#S
                                              WOW! An actual Nautilus owner, very cool. That's an incredible setup.
                                              Rod, depends what you mean with owner. As far as I can see, but I may be wrong, the gear was delivered to the shop and set up as demo.

Comment

• Rod#S
                                                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by jeepers
                                                Rod, depends what you mean with owner. As far as I can see, but I may be wrong, the gear was delivered to the shop and set up as demo.
                                                Ah, my bad, you may be right.

Comment

• John22614
                                                  • Feb 2010

I'm sure they sound magnificent, but frankly, I think they're not so great looking.
                                                  B&W 804s Mains
                                                  B&W HTM4 Center
                                                  Monitor Radius 180 Surrounds

Sony 46 HX929 TV
                                                  Marantz AV 7005 processor
                                                  Anthem MCA 30 Amp
                                                  Panasonic 3D BluRay player

Comment

• ert
                                                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by John22614
                                                    I'm sure they sound magnificent, but frankly, I think they're not so great looking.
                                                    They're quite silly looking! I'd much rather have an 800D.

Comment

• dukester
                                                      • Sep 2010

They certainly need a relevant environment...wouldn't wear a tux to a to a square dance...unless it was a tailored Armani, then I probably would.
                                                      McIntosh C2300/MC302, NAD T785, Oppo 83se & 105, Squeezebox Touch, AppleTV, B&W 803Di/HTM2Di/M1, REL G1, Sony XBR9, PS3

Comment

• iSaint
                                                        • May 2011

Received my 800 Diamonds in February - so far so good

Regards

iSaint

Comment

• iSaint
                                                          • May 2011

Regards

iSaint

Comment

• JCLH
                                                            • Mar 2011

Since we are on the topic of the Model Nautilus and the 800D. Why do people buy either the one or the other? The price is quite close is it not? However you see the 800D much more often in this topic. Is it the looks? The sound?

@iSaint: wow! Great setup. Good pictures and the room looks like it came from a home cateloge (a nice one!). Looks amazing!

Comment

• style
                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                              • Feb 2006

Hi iSaint,

very very anazing set. nice, clean, very "norvedische" home.
                                                              I love your home very much, better (for me) vs. the Nautilus :T

All Naim amplifier, but of much watt ? in biamp or what?

grettings Style

Comment

• FredfishBelgium
                                                                • Jun 2010

Originally posted by JCLH
                                                                Since we are on the topic of the Model Nautilus and the 800D. Why do people buy either the one or the other? The price is quite close is it not? However you see the 800D much more often in this topic. Is it the looks? The sound?

@iSaint: wow! Great setup. Good pictures and the room looks like it came from a home cateloge (a nice one!). Looks amazing!
                                                                Hello JCLH.

The price of a pair of Nautilus is 65,000 euros. Is 96,500 dollars.
                                                                Diamond is the 800 to 22,000 euros. Is 32,690 dollars.

Not really close as the difference!

Fred

Comment

• iSaint
                                                                  • May 2011

@JCLH: I've never heard the Nautilus, and personally something tells me that the 800Di fits me and my system better. I'm almost satisfied with the system - the pre amp is leaving on the edge, and will be replaced by a Naim NAC252/Supercap
                                                                  Thank you for the nice words about my home

@style: Thanks for the words! The style of the interior is not the very best iot get the best out of the system, few carpets, clean walls, no curtains, not much furniture i.e. but it's my casa and this is the way I like it (The sound is not bad, at all).

The system;

Sources:
                                                                  - Rega P3-24 / TT-PSU / RB301 / AT33EV
                                                                  - Naim CDS3 / XPS2 (main source)

Pre:
                                                                  Naim NAC 282 / 2 x Naim HICAP2 / Naim NAPSC
                                                                  Naim SuperLine (Phono)

Power:
                                                                  - Naim NAP300

(For the movie nights (mostly music) Pioneer 50" Plasma, Pioneer BluRay, Cambridge DAC)

Regards

iSaint

Comment

• FredfishBelgium
                                                                    Junior Member
                                                                    • Jun 2010

Originally posted by iSaint

Regards

iSaint
                                                                    Absolutely beautiful!

Congratulations.

Fred :T

Comment

• btf1980
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Aug 2007

Regards

iSaint
                                                                      Everything is right about this picture. The Barcelona chairs are lovely. An Eames lounge chair would look wonderful in this room too, and you'll be able to rest your arms! hehe
                                                                      A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

• iSaint
                                                                        Junior Member
                                                                        • May 2011

Absolutely beautiful!

Congratulations.

Fred :T
                                                                        Thanks!

iSaint

Comment

• iSaint
                                                                          Junior Member
                                                                          • May 2011

Originally posted by btf1980
                                                                          Everything is right about this picture. The Barcelona chairs are lovely. An Eames lounge chair would look wonderful in this room too, and you'll be able to rest your arms! hehe
                                                                          Thanks! I agree with you, an Eames lounge chair is missing. Did you spot the four Eames Plastic Side Chair DSRs?

iSaint

Comment

• btf1980
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • Aug 2007
                                                                            • 704

Thanks! I agree with you, an Eames lounge chair is missing. Did you spot the four Eames Plastic Side Chair DSRs?

iSaint
                                                                            Sure did! :T
                                                                            A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

• JCLH
                                                                              Junior Member
                                                                              • Mar 2011
                                                                              • 9

Hello JCLH.

Fred

Oke, never mind. I thought the difference was less. Still the Nautilus is awesome!

Comment

• windshear
                                                                                Senior Member
                                                                                • Dec 2004
                                                                                • 243

I had the chance to listen to the Nautilus speakers at my dealer on saturday. The lasting impressions i had were of a speaker that was very neutral. It emphasised nothing, it was not overpowering and at first glance underwhelming. It merely replayed what it was presented with. Unfortunately i did not have enough time to play music i was familiar with, so could not do a proper comparison. 2 years ago a second hand pair sold here for $20 000 an absolute bargain in todays terms, sadly out of my means at that stage. Im dreaming of a pair of 800Di's now. :P

Comment

• Rod#S
                                                                                  Senior Member
                                                                                  • Oct 2010
                                                                                  • 474

Hello JCLH.

Fred
                                                                                  Also don't forget that the Nautilus requires a lot of amplification. The 4 stereo amps seen in that picture were necessary and not for show because each driver in each speaker requires it's own amplification so comparing that to a 800 Diamond which requires either 1 stereo amp or 2 mono blocks immediately jacks up the price even more over the 800.

Rod

Comment

• Rod#S
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Oct 2010
                                                                                    • 474

Received my 800 Diamonds in February - so far so good

...

Regards

iSaint
                                                                                    Very nice setup. The room is so tidy and clean, it could be used as a magazine ad for the 800Di's :T

Rod

Comment

• scanido
                                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                                      • Apr 2006
                                                                                      • 548

Regards

iSaint
                                                                                      The Piano Blacks fit perfectly well in your contemporary decor!

Those are awesome!

Comment

• iSaint
                                                                                        Junior Member
                                                                                        • May 2011
                                                                                        • 9

Originally posted by Rod#S
                                                                                        Very nice setup. The room is so tidy and clean, it could be used as a magazine ad for the 800Di's :T

Rod
                                                                                        Thanks! I will not stop them if they should show up with cameras

iSaint

Comment

• iSaint
                                                                                          Junior Member
                                                                                          • May 2011
                                                                                          • 9

Originally posted by scanido
                                                                                          The Piano Blacks fit perfectly well in your contemporary decor!

Those are awesome!
                                                                                          I agree with you - it's the only correct color in this home

iSaint

Comment

• jericho
                                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                                            • Dec 2004
                                                                                            • 280

Beautiful setup!!!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"