X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Staff
    • Mar 2004

Guidelines for Posting

Hi,

Some simple guidelines for us all to keep Club B&W a "happy, happening place":
    • B&W the Main Topic - Please keep the threads primarily about B&W speakers -there are other more forums in HTguide such as those on Home Theater and Audio for more general topics (these are well worth visiting and will get you more traffic for your answers!) More on this in a separate post immediately below this one!
    • Meaningful Titles - Please put some thought into the title for your thread to let people know the essence of what you are asking or telling them. That way you will get more people reading your thread and are likely to get a healthy discussion going!
    • Respect Each Other - A hallmark of HTguide is that we all try and respect each other knowing that sound is subjective to each person and people are entitled to different views.
    • No Advertising - This is not the place for people to sell things - use the Pawnshop forum for that (remembering that commercial sellers are not allowed!)
    • Limit Cable Discissions - HTGuide's owner and main sponsor (Doug A.K.A. Lex and owner of www.catcables.com) has found from many years experience that cable discussions can get way out of hand quickly as can those promoting their own or someone else's close brand - so So,keep it civil, and keep it relevent.
    • Share Results - Many people get a great deal of useful advice and support here. If you are one of them, or if you just are at a dealers or friends and find out or hear something interesting, please take the time to share what you find - for example did people's recommendations to you in the threads work out!
    • Have Fun! - For me this is the most important guideline - its a hobby for enjoyment, this is a fun forum - and the more we help make it that way with our posts the greater pleasure and use we will all get out of it!

Enjoy and thanks for all your contributions

Aussie Geoff and the other Moderators
    Last edited by Lex; 02 February 2013, 00:36 Saturday. Reason: Correction of www.catcables.com link
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Make sure the thread is clearly B&W related

This forum is for threads which are to do with B&W speakers, or equipment that integrates with B&W speakers in the context of how well it drives / interacts with the B&W speakers to affect your listening experience. When you post a question about a component, the first thing you have to ask yourself is, is there a direct correlation to B & W here? If there is not, then you’re posting it in the wrong place so go check out of the other forums such as “Audio Hideout” or “Home Theater”.

To better illustrate this - threads like:
    • Subwoofers and B&W are OK as the subwoofer is directly interacting with the sound of the B&W speaker you are asking about
    • Amplifiers to drive your B&W are OK as the amplifier is directly connected to your B&W speaker.
    • Is a Classe 2100 or 2200 best to drive by B&W 802Ds is just fine

But threads like:
    • Best CD player, preamp, power filter, projection screen, remote control etc should be in another forum because they really are not about B&W and should be in the other forums...
    • Which is the model Krell do you prefer should be in another forum

If you accidentally post a thread in here which is not about B&W – I’ll just move it for you to the right forum, with a redirect so that you can find it. Of course, people who deliberately flout these rules run the risk of their posts just being deleted (but this is very rare)

If you do post in another forum and think "Gee, I'd really like to make sure that my mates in Club B&W look at this" then feel free to put a post in Club B&W that lets people know about the thread you have started so that they can go there and join in.

Enjoy!

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Please make sure your post is on B&W topic

Guys,

We are getting a number of threads here that are just not on topic for B&W - with topics like "whats the best pre-pro for XXX amp"... These should be in the Audio Hidout or Home Theater sections of the guide...

So (as per the sticky on forum posting guidelines) please post these where they belong - I know we're all a nice bunch here in Club B&W - but we ned to open up these questions to a wider audience.

You know there are even some (shock / horror!) "Non B&W Owners" out there that will never come here and yet will have a useful opinion... Indeed - if you have never been past 'Club B&W" it could be worth you "going to the dark side" and trying some of the other areas of HT Guide...

Geoff

Comment

• RebelMan
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Hey Geoff, I guess we B&W owners make some assumptions when posting here.

Some of us that post here are pretty familure with one another and the B&W speakers that we each own. As such I believe the equipment we speak about is meant within the confines of B&W topics but we are sometimes a little forgetful about expressing that explicitly. Hopefully, you can see our intentions are to do the right thing but we have been known to get carried away from time to time. :P
        "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• Eliav
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by RebelMan
          Hey Geoff, I guess we B&W owners make some assumptions when posting here.

Some of us that post here are pretty familure with one another and the B&W speakers that we each own. As such I believe the equipment we speak about is meant within the confines of B&W topics but we are sometimes a little forgetful about expressing that explicitly. Hopefully, you can see our intentions are to do the right thing but we have been known to get carried away from time to time. :P
          I concur with RebelMan and apologize for posting the pre/pro topic, as Rebelman indicated, it felt like it's "all in the B&W family" kind of a question.I actually wanted to share my own debate with members such as RebelMan and others from the B&W forum , Had I posted it somewhere else - these guys may have never responded to my post.
          Bottom- line ,I got the message,I will be more explicit in the future
          Cheers
          Eliav.
          :T Socrat

Comment

• RobP
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Aussie Geoff
            Guys,

You know there are even some (shock / horror!) "Non B&W Owners" out there Geoff

What?!!? everyone doesnt own B&W's??????? :scareboo: Thats scary!! :rofl:
            Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Nov 2005

HI,
              Often, a thread will start with pure B&W intent and 10 posts later it evolves into a discussion of the best chop sticks. These threads tend to have a life of their own when the participants are as worldly as this group is. I would not be too stringent when applying rules or life will be pumped out of the forum.

I do agree that some threads are clearly off theme so your warning has some validity. But, please don't be too rigid. We like to be among friends.

Sparky

Comment

• aphexist
                • Jan 2004

Thanks for posting this. I was about to send you a private message complaining about this trend, but hopefully this will remind people.

Comment

• caleb
                  • Aug 2004

And another thing Geoff, let's all try to keep it polite and let everyone have their own opinion without deteriorating into a slanging match.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by caleb
                    And another thing Geoff, let's all try to keep it polite and let everyone have their own opinion without deteriorating into a slanging match.
                    Absolutely - I spend time PMing people when I can to "help out with this"... 99% of the time we keep this a light, fun informative forum - which is what we all want... If anyone sees things getting a little "personal" please consider either:
                    a) PMing them and me; or
                    b) A gentle reminder in the post

Geoff

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Karma
                      Often, a thread will start with pure B&W intent and 10 posts later it evolves into a discussion of the best chop sticks. These threads tend to have a life of their own when the participants are as worldly as this group is. I would not be too stringent when applying rules or life will be pumped out of the forum.

I do agree that some threads are clearly off theme so your warning has some validity. But, please don't be too rigid. We like to be among friends.
                      Sparky,

I agree and I really do try not to be rigid at all - I've been chided by some of the other moderators for being too lenient!... If a thread is going too far off theme I try and post a message hinting about taking to back on theme and I'd ask that other members feel free to do the same - the forum works best when it is as self moderating as possible... We are all friends

In terms of threads that are "clearly off theme" what I've started to do is leave them here for a day or so (just so those dedicated "Club B&Ws" can contribute) and then move them... Many have got a new life by doing that. However if there are repeat "off theme" threads by the same person - then the second and onwards one will get moved straight way (once I see it!)

Geoff

Comment

• Grasynoll
                        • Mar 2006

By the looks of things we need a Classe room.

Comment

• rickc
                          • Sep 2006

Aussie,
                          Sorry about the cable question. I was not aware of the rules, guidlines etc. I look forward to providing updates and experiences that I have with my new Classe and B&W system

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"