X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • junior77blue
    • Nov 2004

Best Prices for NEW B&W Speakers

So, what is the average price break to expect from a dealer in the U.S.A.? 10-20% off retail or higher?

One of the local dealers is having a 'sale' and I'm curiuos as what to expect.

Is there ANY advantage to buying in Canada? I'm about 45 minutes from the border. But I think this only helps if you were to purchase a Canadian made product, such as Paradigmn.
  • uncle_git
    • Oct 2004

No idea - but I'd sure be interested in knowing though...

Anyone ?

Comment

• Mark_C.
      • Jan 2003

Depends on how much you're buying and whether you have an established relationship with the dealer. Usually, the greater the dollar value of the purchase, the more you'll get knocked off. Buy with cash or check. Dealers tend to crumble when they see you're ready to buy that day. If I can't get at least 13 percent off list, I won't buy. My dealers know that, too, and work with me.

Comment

• BlazeMaster
        • May 2004

My dealer has an annual sale for their B&W for returning customers that actually can work in conjuction with their upgrade program as well. It's only 10% off MSRP though.

Comment

• KEF
          • Aug 2004

When negotiating my price, the dealer offered me 10%. My reply was "at 10% I have to go elsewhere to see if I can do better"...

He asked what would prevent me from going somewhere else, I said 15% and he agreed.

Not a bad deal actually

Comment

• jazznsoccer
            • Apr 2004

I agree with 15% as a good target; maybe start at 18% and negotiate. And with the upgrades coming out there may be more room as B&W tries to clear old stock.

Comment

• sikoniko
              Super Senior Member
              • Aug 2003

The best deal I have ever seen was when Sound Advice use to carry b&w. They use to have a sale of buy one speaker, get the second half off.
              I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• junior77blue
                • Nov 2004

Well, just got an add today in the mail for one of the 2 local shops that carry b&w. 703s with the advertised prices of 15% off retail. I still think there's room to haggle...

Comment

• jlee
                  • Aug 2004

The Sound Advice deal is essentially 25% off... which is the best I've been able to negotiate for B&W speakers (that were not discontinued or demos).

Comment

• ARMANDITO
                    • Dec 2004

Im looking for a pair of SCM-1 in light cherry. Does anyone can get me a phone # from dealer that is willing to discount them a little bit or maybe someone who has them for sale, they have to be in prestine condition. Any information please send to Motorcycledepot@aol.com

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"