X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KS
    • Jun 2002

OT - Please We Need Your Prayers

I haven't posted to this particular forum allot but have been a daily visitor for the last few months. Yesterday my two year old granddaughter was diagnosed with liver cancer that has diseased 90% of the liver and spread to lungs where five tumors were found. She is in Detroit Children's Hospital and doing her best. I'm not posting this to make anyone feel bad just to ask for your prayers. I'm posting this on every forum I can think off because I'm not sure there are enough prayers to be had. She needs all the help she can get for she is the most wonderful thing that has walked this earth. Her name is Charlotte Stokes

Thanks
    Ken Stokes
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

You've got it Ken. Charlotte will be in our thoughts and prayers.

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
      • Jan 2002

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Charlotte.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Very sorry to hear Ken she'll be in my thoughts for sure

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

You got it here too, Ken.

My Homepage!
          My Homepage!

Comment

• efarstad
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jun 2001

Ken, In prayer for little Charlotte and you and your family!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
            E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
            E-Cinema

Comment

• Danbry39
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Sep 2002

Ken,

This is so painful to hear. I stopped and said a long prayer before typing this. I will continue to do so for your sweet granddaughter, Charlotte. Please know that this touches all of us personally. God bless you, your family, and Charlotte.

Keith
              Keith

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

Ken, this is horrible news. I can't even begin to imagine the pain her or your family is in right now.

You've got prayers here.

I'd further like to ask, is there anything that your Granddaughter would like to have, no matter how small, no matter how large? A doll she wants, a CD player, a DVD player, anything? I'd like to have a fund raiser to buy her something that would bring even a little joy to her. Just something that shows that people that don't even know her cares. If your receptive to this, please email me and tell me what she might like, and let me see what I can do.

Again, so sorry.

Doug
                Doug
                "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Great idea doug:T

Comment

• Danbry39
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Sep 2002

Yes, whatever it takes. Lex has a great idea. If there's anything you need, let us know.

Keith
                    Keith

Comment

• PMajeed
                      • Sep 2003

Hi Ken,

I hardly ever check this forum, but as soon as I read your post, I felt a tremendous burden on my heart for your granddaughter and your family. If you don't mind, I'll share a few passages of scripture that lift me up during my tough times.

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty."

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him."

"The prayers of a righteous man is powerful and effective."

"I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels or demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all of creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

The only thing I can recommend for you to do is to even now seek the Lord with all of your heart, mind, and strength. When King David found out that his infant son would die, he prayed and fasted earnestly to the Lord in the hope that the Lord would heal his son. However, when the child died, David didn't blame God or do anything rash; rather, he went into the house of the Lord and worshiped him there.

So, I don't know whether Charlotte will make it through or not. But I do know this; that they who seek the Lord will receive all the desires of their heart, and that Christ's love for all of His children is so great that he died for us even while we were sinners. His love brought the dead back to life, brought the terminally ill to full health, and set those who were in bondage free - all it ever took to receive it was to have faith in Him. I will keep your granddaughter and your family in my thoughts and prayers and trust that God's will will be accomplished in your family's life.

May God richly bless,
                      Peter

Comment

• Chris D
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Dec 2000

You've got our prayers and thoughts, Ken. Let us know if there's anything we can do. I don't suppose the ELF foundation has started a theater in your hospital yet.

CHRIS
                        Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
                        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                        - Pleasantville

Comment

• KS
                          • Jun 2002

It's rather late on Friday. I just wrote a response over at AVS (only because my favorite list is alphabetical) that apples equally here.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I need to get some rest now. I'll post more soon.

Ken

I'm at the hospital but thought "stupid, why didn't you just paste that ther response here", so I am, make the obvious substitutions.

I just sat down at my computer and came to HT Guide to see if anyone responded to my plea. My draw dropped when I saw five pages, tears flowed down my cheeks as I read all the beautiful responses.

I must admit that I've held quite a bit a anger over the last few days but as I read the love and compassion in these statements the anger is replaced with peace.

For all the times I have been cynical about the nature of people I apologize for you have proved me wrong. For all the times I've said "I don't have time right now" to my family and friends I apologize for all that matters in life is relationships. To all of you I say thank you for I am humbled and proud to be a part of you.

Charlotte Ann has had a couple of rough days. As surgery isn't an option right now she has five small incisions from the biopsy and a central line was installed. The line is for the Chemotherapy that will start next week. I've told my son and daughter in law that when the baby comes home they should move in with us as this is going to be a long hard fight. When that little two year old looks up with swollen eyes and says "Papa take me home, I don't like this place" it breaks your heart. Today though she was just pissed off! She hated everyone and everything, she even tried to bite me. I was happy to see it because I think pissed off is a very good thing to be right now.

I just don't know how to say thank you for all these words. This is much more than an AV forum. This is family of really great people that I'm very proud to be a member of.

Your prayers are appreciated but more importantly they are needed. The odds aren't great but with so many great people praying we will beat this horrible thing.

Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

Ken

Comment

• Uncle Clive
                            Former Moderator
                            • Jan 2002

I will place Charlotte's name on the list of the prayer group in our Church. Be strong and patient. God knows what's best. You must believe!

CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?
                            CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"