X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KS
    • Jun 2002

Has the site been down?

Is it just me or has this site been down lately? This is the first time I've been able to bring it up for over three weeks. My computer would simply time out. It's still running very slow but I'm glad it's still here.

If it is just me is there something I'm supposed to set on my computer? The other sites like AVS have been working fine but I had just found this one and like it.

Ken
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Its been up for me so I'm not sure what happened to you. We did move the server a while back but since then its been fine.

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

Sometimes the DNS to this site is really slow, and that will make the first access really slow or time out, but then if I try again I get in fine, once the DNS record is cached.

KJP

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
      My HT Site

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Yes, I too occasionally have a slow access first try. Usually, I just press stop, reload, and it goes right on through. except for the occasional reboot of Cold Fusion (what our site runs under), we have been up by 24, since the last outage for the server relocation.

We actually run very consistent and have since we got the new server first of this year I think.

Glad to hear you like it here with us, hope our tips help you to come right on in!

Lex
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Yeah, slow accessing, but also quirky at times. I got a time out trying to do a post, but is oaky on second try. Was also slow getting into this room.

My Homepage!
          My Homepage!

Comment

• KS
            • Jun 2002

I just got in for the first time since I made the above post. It took 4 1/2 minutes for the forum to load. I'll try the "stop" key and see if it helps, I hope so!

Ken

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"