X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

RIP Dan Fogelberg

I just read on another forum that Dan Fogelberg passed away of prostate cancer today. He was 56.

I've always liked his music, especially Leader Of The Band, Longer, and Same Old Lang Syne this time of the year.
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Originally posted by Kevin P
    I just read on another forum that Dan Fogelberg passed away of prostate cancer today. He was 56.

I've always liked his music, especially Leader Of The Band, Longer, and Same Old Lang Syne this time of the year.
    No-one needs to die of prostate cancer. Next time you have a blood test just get your doctor to tick the PSA box on the form, or do it yourself.

I'm a prostate cancer survivor. I started having PSA blood tests in my mid 40's. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer when I was 49. They got it early and I've been clear of cancer for nearly five years now.

Dan Fogelberg didn't tick the PSA box and now he's dead. I ticked it and I'm alive.

What are you going to do?

Nigel.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Good advice, Nigel. I have this test annually.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Yes, good advice.

It's probably just me, but I can't hear Dan Fogelberg's name without thinking of Denis Leary's comedy routine, where he talks about those stupid people suing McDonalds because their coffee was hot and they got burned. He wanted to know whether he could sue Dan Fogelberg for turning him into a wimp (he used another word) in the 1970's.

I think Leader of the Band was my favorite.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• greenhorn
          • Feb 2007

I always owned and enjoyed "Twin Sons Of Different Mothers" Nice easy going disc for early Sunday mornings and all. Bummer

Comment

• wkhanna
            Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Yeah, the 'Twin Sons' album is the one that first comes to mind, but his discography is substantial. V sad news, but kadoos to you, BB, for advocating proactive prevention to us all.
            _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
            ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"