X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SiliGoose
    • Aug 2000

Even Steven

OK, I dropped a load of cash (for me) on a new pre/pro. So what does the wife get? Jewelry. I visited the jeweler today and did my best to order the item she described. Hope I got that one right!
    Luckily, our anniversary is quickly approaching so perhaps this can double for an anniversary gift. (?)

So, how do you negotiate the purchase of "toys" with your significant other?

-Sili
    www.campmurphy.net
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

In the interest of my bank account I think this thread should be deleted quickly before my wife see's it

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

The only check and balance for me, is how far I want to go in debt. Sometimes, trust me, that can be scary with great credit! I am holding pat real good right now, after refinancing both car and house in the last few years. Yes, due to this incessive hobby. Wow, it is addictive, huh?

To answer your question, no that doesn't suffice as an anniversary gift, this is just getting you back in the ball park, lol.

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Brandon B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2001

My wife actually lets me buy anything we can afford. She likes movies a lot too, so that helps with the HT stuff (I get to blow 5K on a pj this summer h: ).

When we returned from living in Tokyo a year ago, she got the new car, and I got nothing (except a load of audio equipment), so in that sense there was a little balance.

Carpoolboy

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

You just haven't figured out how to harness the power of a Krell amp yet. When you do, you will be driving it everywhere! LOL.

:LOL: on carpoolboy Anything for this insane, crazy, hobby we have, ey?

Lex
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
            • Jan 2002

Well, I gave my wife a new house and pool, along with a new vehicle every 3 years. I pay for all this myself. Thus, she lets me buy pretty much what I want. Personally I would be happy living in a travel trailor and driving an old beat up pick up truck....as long as I could have my HT.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

• Brandon B
              Super Senior Member
              • Jun 2001

"I pay for all this myself"

I'm guessing Alabama isn't a community property state.

Actually, you guys buy all my stuff for me every time you buy anything with a talking mouse plastered on it.

Thanks!

BB

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
                • Jan 2002

Good point Brandon.... maybe I was being selfish in that statement. What's mine is hers and what's her's is mine... this is so true. Regardless of community property laws (which is the case in Alabama).

Let's just say we both are happy with what we have and we don't necessarily go out and buy something for the other just because one of us gets something that we will enjoy more than the other.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

• Markj
                  • Aug 2000

This should work I my favor, my wife has bought over $22k in furniture this past year, so I think a FP would definitely even things out!

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"