X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

In-wall speakers

Anyone have any opinions on in-wall speakers?

My friend is looking for several pairs for his whole house system. He will have an HT/music room with high end stuff separate from this system, so he's looking for fair to good quality just for parties, bedroom BGM, etc.

I recommended the Klipsch based on general favorable opinions towards their products, their efficiency, and that given klipsch' tendency towards brightness, they might counter a little of the rolloff from the small wire/long runs his contractor undoubtedly gave him for wiring.

Other good suggestions, low hundred$ per pair?

BB
  • LarryB
    • Dec 2001

Brandon:

One of the best in-wall speakers is the Thiel Powerplane.

Larry

Edit: Sorry, I didn't read carefully enough. The Thiel's are way out of the price range.

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

In some installations I've done, we've used the PSB in-wall speakers. They sound good; though they won't compete with a good set of floorstanders, for the majority of inwall applications they'll do just fine.

They have a high-low tweeter switch, so if they sound too bright you can flip the switch and tone it down a bit. The tweeters also pivot so you can aim them toward the listening area.

KJP

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
      My HT Site

Comment

• P-Dub
        Office Moderator
        • Aug 2000

I can't remember if they were PSB or Paradigm, I'll have to check on an old thread. But I was in a local ice cream shop, I'm not kidding, and they had some music being piped through these overhead speakers. These units were flush mounted, what impressed me was that they actually sounded pretty good. I looked up and saw the brand. That's where I'm drawing a blank at the moment. I know it was either Paradigm or PSB, just can't remember which.

I think these would be great for piping in music to other rooms. I'll see if I can find the brand.

Here's a link to the Paradigm specs

Here's a link to the PSB specs

Just looking at the pictures, I'm going to guess that it was the Paradigm's that I saw/heard.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
        Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• Brandon B
          Super Senior Member
          • Jun 2001

Thank you guys. I will pass on the info to my friend.

BB

Comment

• errol
            • Dec 2000

You may want to look into Hometheaterdirect.com speakers. Highly rated.

r,
            Errol

Keohi HDTV
            Your Friendly HDTV Tips Site
            Keohi HDTV
            Your Friendly HDTV Tips Site

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"