X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Armbender
    • Jul 2005

wireless media player choices

I plan on purchasing one mostly for playing music off my computer..i would like to be able to play video clips..not so much movies...and definately pics...not too conserned with video quality..

not to keen on the sqeezebox look..i understand functionality is a big key but i want the cosmetic aspect also...so current choices;

DSM-320
    Apple TV

should i look at anything else...what r the pros and cons to current choice
    Samsung UN60C6300 | Primare SP32 | Primare A30.7 | Oppo BDP-103 | PS Audio Quintet | AppleTV | ELAC 247 Black Edition | ELAC CC 241 Black Edition | B&W DM 600 S3 | SVS PC 13 Ultra | Straight Wire Virtuoso | Harmonic Technology Pro 9's | Black Sands Power Cords
  • Armbender
    • Jul 2005

bump?
    Samsung UN60C6300 | Primare SP32 | Primare A30.7 | Oppo BDP-103 | PS Audio Quintet | AppleTV | ELAC 247 Black Edition | ELAC CC 241 Black Edition | B&W DM 600 S3 | SVS PC 13 Ultra | Straight Wire Virtuoso | Harmonic Technology Pro 9's | Black Sands Power Cords

Comment

• cinema bob
      • Apr 2005

one vote for the appleTV it rocks and is totally painless to use, like all apple products.

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

...and totally dumbed down for the consumer.

It's the Apple way! :T
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• mjb
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by PewterTA
          ...and totally dumbed down for the consumer.
          How complicated does it need to be? My vote is also for AppleTV :T

I've had Squeezebox's in the past, but often had annoying drop out problems, and AFAIK there's still no video suport. Their software is not as slick as iTunes either.

Next I tried Apple's Airport Express, no more drop outs, but no remote control either.

Then I got AppleTV - which adds a remote control, a nice user interface (you need a TV with either component or HDMI), and supports movies, video clips and pictures as well as audio. You can also waste hours trawling YouTube with it. I am extremely happy with it, and will be adding more around the house.
          - Mike

Main System:
          B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
          Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Armbender
            • Jul 2005

thanks for the advice guys...

Comment

• PewterTA
              • Nov 2004

You could build yourself a HTPC and be able to do sooo much more!
              Digital Audio makes me Happy.
              -Dan

Comment

• Hdale85
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2006

Eh....to be honest I'm starting to doubt the need for an HTPC. I have mine and after I get my new T.V I can see it getting very little use. I don't watch T.V either though.

Comment

• Armbender
                  • Jul 2005

So i have decided on the apple. just recieved my new PC Ultra so after i sell my current sub i will put my order in....

does the appletv allow to veiw the album cover when playing...i didnt see anything about that when i was reading the spec sheets

Comment

• cinema bob
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Armbender
                    So i have decided on the apple. just recieved my new PC Ultra so after i sell my current sub i will put my order in....

does the appletv allow to veiw the album cover when playing...i didnt see anything about that when i was reading the spec sheets

Yes it just works, how stupid of them they should have burried it in 546 layers of folders and menus and made you install 21 drivers and then it should only work when you are playing WMA files... then you should get the cool blue screen of death... but you know apple "dumbing it down for the consumers" :roll:

Comment

• Chris D
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Dec 2000

Originally posted by Armbender
                      ...just recieved my new PC Ultra...
                      Yeah, baby! :banana:
                      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Alloroc
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Dougie085
                        Eh....to be honest I'm starting to doubt the need for an HTPC. I have mine and after I get my new T.V I can see it getting very little use. I don't watch T.V either though.
                        I had budgeted for a kicka$$ HTPC this year bit after I got the PS3 i've decided against it right now. I appreciate the PS3 does have some limitations with regard to certain a/v formats and a few other bits but on the whole it does not bother me. I can stream all my music and most of my existing video. I can also surf the web and get my gmail. It's all I want.
                        Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"